No announcement yet.

Milky White Expressions... Dr. Bazan..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milky White Expressions... Dr. Bazan..

Dr. Bazan,

I am into day 63 with Doxy. (50mg. / 2x / Day) and day 15 with Azasite. During the past 2 weeks when using warm compresses and massaging my lower lids, I am now getting a milky white substance coming out. Mostly during the mornings. I also have some upper cheek bone dull pain from time to time. Is this the sign of an infection? What would cause the "milk" to produce? Should I simply be patient and this will clear up. By dry eyes are much better, but I'm concerned about this possible infection. If this is an infection, in my research, I'm seeing that I should be taking a higher dose of Doxy. Thanks for your time as always!
    Last edited by BillyBoy; 01-Mar-2009, 10:00.

Is this the sign of an infection? Based on your specific situation, it does not appear to be so.

What would cause the "milk" to produce? Your meibum is returning to normal. If you had scant secretions or a toothpaste like secretion, this is an improvement. It should continue to get less milky and more clear, although it does not have to be 100% clear to be of normal functional value. Keep up the therapies, they are working!

Comment

Awesome. That makes me feel better ;-) What would cause the upper and lower eyelid dull pain and upper cheek bone area pain? Could this just be from the oils being thick or being blocked. After I apply heat and gentle massaging, the pain goes away immediately.

The secretions are clearing up slowly. So this is not a rare situation... nothing serious as far as you can tell?

Thanks as always for your prompt response!

Bill

Comment

Awesome. That makes me feel better ;-) What would cause the upper and lower eyelid dull pain and upper cheek bone area pain? Could this just be from the oils being thick or being blocked.<--yup After I apply heat and gentle massaging, the pain goes away immediately. It might also be related to to eyestrain or squinting. Heat is a great muscle relaxant.

The secretions are clearing up slowly. So this is not a rare situation... nothing serious as far as you can tell? Not as far as I can tell

Thanks as always for your prompt response! You're very welcome!

Bill

Comment

Working...
        X