eyelash in eye - eyes not watering can't get it out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eyelash in eye - eyes not watering can't get it out

I have an eyelash in my eye but I can't feel it and my eyes are not watering. I don't know how to get it out it's been there since seven in the morning, which makes it 12 hours now.

I've had this happen before and I couldn't get it out then either. For all I know the lash from that time is still in there.

Please help, I'm freaking out!

I often have lashes in my eyes. Can you use preservative free drops to see if that will help it come out? Sometimes mine I can't get out and I just let be and they make there way out on there own. If it is bothering me then I try the drops. I am working hard to keep my lashes clean which is hard with my bleph but the thera tears foam helps and I notice the less crusted my eyes are the less my lashes come out. Good luck

Comment

eye wash

get one of those eye wash kits at the store - or one of those eye type bulbs and fill with water and spray in eye

Comment

Randolph . . .

If the preceding (perfectly reasonable) suggestions do not bring relief, I vote for a same-day visit to your local eye doctor if possible, or even to your hospital emergency room.
        Because if the object cannot be flushed out with clean eye drops, eye washes, etc., then the matter likely requires sterile instruments and a practiced hand.

Personal experience (prefaced by the disclaimer, of course, that I am not a doctor):

I had a tiny remnant of hair from a do-it-myself trimming of my bangs lodge underneath my upper eyelid. It was a single hair, tinier than an eyelash, less than a quarter-inch long . . . and according to the eye doctor whose office accommodated me by seeing me that very same day, it was so "embedded" in the mucous of my inner eyelid that it wasn't generating enough irritation to create useful tears, which is why it didn't flush itself out.

And the eye doctor commended me for having refrained from my other temptations: a q-tip/ cotton bud (eee-yew, which would likely have added some fuzz to an already bad situation); or a tweezer from my manicure kit (assuming that I could even have managed to wield it with a steady hand, the odds were that I could have injured my eye tissues and/or created an infection since this would be far from a sterile instrument).

Yes, I paid the fee for a same-day consultation to the eye doc, and yes, I think it was worth doing so for the fundamental health of my eyes. Fingers crossed for you, Randolph!

Comment

Working...
        X