Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Sox's David Ortiz has dry eyes

Just a rant.

Red Sox's David Ortiz has been having a season long slump....and dry eyes. Apparently he went to get his eyes checked out by the team's optometrists after having trouble batting because he was blinking a lot. The optometrists concluded that his vision was 20/20 and his eyes looked fine after a dilation. They then sent him away with eye drops for his dry eyes.

Why is it that I get the feeling that his dry eye complaints were dismissed and the docs just focused on vision??

GAHHHH. I was hoping that a pro-athlete's dry eye complaints would be taken seriously, esp since it might be affecting his game. But I guess even when you are that famous, your eye docs still treat your dry eyes as a non-issue and focus on vision instead....with the conclusion that if your vision is fine, then you must be fine.

I seriously cannot imagine playing baseball with dry eyes.

There was a player for the Braves recently that was struggling with post-LASIK dry eye. There is a thread on this board about it.

Did Ortiz have Lasik?

Originally posted by odydnas View Post
    Just a rant.

Red Sox's David Ortiz has been having a season long slump....and dry eyes. Apparently he went to get his eyes checked out by the team's optometrists after having trouble batting because he was blinking a lot. The optometrists concluded that his vision was 20/20 and his eyes looked fine after a dilation. They then sent him away with eye drops for his dry eyes.

Why is it that I get the feeling that his dry eye complaints were dismissed and the docs just focused on vision??

GAHHHH. I was hoping that a pro-athlete's dry eye complaints would be taken seriously, esp since it might be affecting his game. But I guess even when you are that famous, your eye docs still treat your dry eyes as a non-issue and focus on vision instead....with the conclusion that if your vision is fine, then you must be fine.

I seriously cannot imagine playing baseball with dry eyes.

Comment

hello

Ortiz suffers from what is called - No steroids - manny got busted and Ortiz has been laying low -

Being from the Dominican Republic - steriods can be bought with no prescription

Comment

Working...
      X