Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does everyone with dry eyes have bad vision?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does everyone with dry eyes have bad vision?

Does everyone with dry eye problems have some kind of visionproblems

aswell? I mean some people can not use lenses after 15 years because of dry

eyes and some people like me had lasek/lasik and then had dry eye problems.

(i know that old people can have dry eyes)

I've had dry eyes for about 25 years, but until recently I've had very good vision - never needed contacts or glasses. Now I'm getting to the age where reading glasses are going to be necessary soon, but that's not related to dry eyes.

Lisa

Comment

I, too, have 20/20 vision - just dry eye

Melissa
      pianolady

Comment

Ok, i guess there are a lot of reasons why a person have dry eyes. When i had my surgery all i knew was you could have dry eyes for a short time but i had no ide you could end up with MGD or Blepharitis and things like that. (i do not think i have that) what type of dry eyes do you have?
        Last edited by sanna; 20-Jul-2009, 02:34.

Comment

Unfortunately, all of the above. A little of this and a little of that!

Melissa
          pianolady

Comment

Prior to lasik in 2000, my eyes were dry and red most of the time. After the surgery, the doctor told me to look at the clock and tell him the time. I told him I couldn't see the clock...it's a blur! I couldn't see until I got plugged up in all four punctum. Since then, I've been cauterized in all four. Perfect 20/20 vision. One of the punctum has reopened and now I have 20/20 in one eye only. The vision comes and goes in the eye with the open punctum.

Comment

I have MGD/dry eye, and have only recently needed glasses, and just for close up/computer work, but that's age related!

Comment

Working...
              X