Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scleral lenses in Sydney - My experience

Hi all

I just got my first scleral lense. I got it because I can't wear normal contacts post lasik.

I only ordered 1 at first just to see how it felt. I've had it in for about 2-3 hours and so far it feels okay. They said to "work up" to wearing it longer but I'll keep wearing it for now and see how long I can last.

I think they *may* actually make the eye look a little bigger because as it curves outwards, the lower lid is sitting slightly lower than normal. More scleral show.

Obviously since I only have one lense I feel less inclined to wear it but I'll keep you updated. My other lense will come in within a month.

I wore the lense for about 6 hours. It was okay, I could have worn it a bit longer.

Comment

Good luck bear, I hope they work for you

Comment

Thanks. I'm hopeful! I wore it on the second day and it seemed pretty comfortable, plus I've got the hang of putting it in already. I'm looking forward to getting the second one.

Comment

I was fitted with my second scleral lense today and did some testing of the prescription and fit of both. They have been sent back for an alteration. I got to wear them for a couple of hours and they felt quite comfortable. I'm looking forward to wearing them

Comment

Originally posted by bluebear View Post
            I was fitted with my second scleral lense today and did some testing of the prescription and fit of both. They have been sent back for an alteration. I got to wear them for a couple of hours and they felt quite comfortable. I'm looking forward to wearing them
            Hi, how much did they cost? Also do u known the brand and size?

Comment

Originally posted by Pash81 View Post

Hi, how much did they cost? Also do u known the brand and size?
              Hey sorry for not replying sooner! I originally had Boston Prose lenses but now have lenses made in New Zealand. Not sure what they are called. I wanted larger lenses and the other ones only go up to a certain size. I have some scars on my eyes and wanted the lense to cover as much of them as possible to reduce redness. Boston prose were about $3,000 and the new ones are $3,500

I had some fitting issues but right now I can say they are comfortable and make my eyes look a bit bigger

Comment

I got my Prose lenses at Hopkins in Baltimore 3 years ago and they cost me USD $11,200. I should have flown to New Zealand, got Prose and then visit dear colleagues in Melbourne AU.

Comment

Working...
                X