No announcement yet.

Scleral lens and blueness to the eyes??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scleral lens and blueness to the eyes??

Hello all!

About me: I have bilateral keratoconus and I have been wearing PROSE devices from BFS in both eyes for the last year and a half. Last summer we noticed that where the device sits on my eye was turning blue. I went and saw the doctor, who initially said it was light reflecting off the devices, however when we took the devices out, there was still a blue ring where the devices had been sitting. They built channels into the devices to help reduce that, and while that helped the pain, I am noticing that I am still blue. It wasn't too bad for a few months afterwards, and it usually didn't develop until the devices had been in for several days, but now I am having this bluish ring where the PROSE sit right after putting them in. Has anybody else ever expirienced this? Often, between my iris, and this blue ring, what used to be white is now pink/red. In the past they said it wasn't an issue, just my eyelids putting pressure on my eye?

I have never had an issue with dry eye, but I seem to be having an issue with dry devices. I have tried every drop CVS/walgreens and target stocks, and they either make me want to claw my eyes out, make my vision blurry or just don't work. They have advised me to wear the goggles, but I am waiting a few more weeks until the ones with the clear silicone come in. They sometimes get so dry and foggy that even if I take them out and wash them, the fogginess doesn't go away until I soak them overnight. Any tips?

Thanks so much for reading!

Alex
Working...
X