Scleral Lens - sterile drops question and inserting help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scleral Lens - sterile drops question and inserting help

How fast does someone go through a 4 ounce bottle (used to fill the bowl of the lens each time you put them in)? I am going to order some, but don't know how much to order.

Also I just got the lenses and have a hard time inserting them. Any tips or ideas?

Thanks

Chill, I use the 5ml PF saline vials for insertion of my lenses so I cannot help you with the first question. But I can suggest, when you are inserting the lenses, focus on the black dot in the middle of the plunger. This will guide you. The more you do it and the more you practice, the easier it gets. I was pretty lucky as the insertion process came pretty easy for me. I guess since I had worn contacts in my past before my lasik procedure. But this way you insert these lenses are much more tricky. And I still had problems at times. A few times the lens was not actually in my eye (when I thought it was) and it fell on my towel. I have had them 6 months now so I really do not have problems anymore except for a bubble here and there. i do take them out once a day and refresh the solution. This is healtier for my eyue since I wear them 12-14 hrs and sometimes 16 hrs a day. I hope this helps. Good Luck Andrea

Comment

I don't know exact numbers, but mine last a long time. I wouldn't go overboard. If you are in the states, you could probably run to walmart in a pinch as they carry it. I've also have used the 5ml vials. I use them to also do rinsing of my eyes and solf contact in 2nd eye, and use them for drops. I think one vial lasts up to 2 or maybe 3 days.

Comment

Are you having trouble with your lid not opening far enough, or blinking during insertion, or feeling like it's on but it falls off instead, or the lens not staying level?

One thing that really help me with my first one during a rough patch was to have my husband watch. He told me i wasn't keeping the lens flat and i was instead tipping my head. So while i was going the right direction (middle of plunger), the bottom was touching much earlier causing me to release too soon. He verbally guided me into better position the second time and walla!

Also don't release when you first feel the lens, because the liquid touches first. Keep going until you could blink over it.

Comment

Working...
        X