Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROSE lenses without vision correction?

In trying PROSE for a day, I was surprised (appalled?) by how bad my reading vision was with only my distance prescription in the lens. I can't quite figure out if it's a good idea to even get the distance vision corrected if reading/close vision becomes so difficult. I'm so used to wearing progressive lenses I wonder if I'd also have trouble seeing the computer.

Does anyone choose to get non-prescription PROSE and wear glasses over them?
    Just wondering if that would allow me to focus on the benefits of the lenses without compromising the vision I'm accustomed to with my glasses.
    Thanks!

I'm sure you could, if the dry eye (and not vision deficits) is the main reason that you want the lenses. I don't see why they wouldn't.

My vision is nearly 20/20 and I wear prose lenses- so mine only have a very minor vision correction for nearsightedness.
    Best of luck,
    MLE

Comment

I don't have PROSE lens but another type. I first got a non-corrected lens (I only have one eye that needs a scleral) thinking I'd want to wear my glasses over then to drive and see far away. It was a mistake for me. I've since switched to corrected lenses (I think one is a 2 and one is 2.25? I forget if that's plus or minus when correcting for nearsightedness), and I keep reading glasses in various places for when I need to see tiny print. For me I struggled with astigmatism correction in my glasses, but in lenses I can't tell it's there - everything is just crystal clear. It took a bit of adjustment to get used to refocusing or grabbing glasses when I need to read something, but I do like that better. For me I can see the computer fine without glasses. I have an S4 and I can see most things on that fine without glasses - but when page can't be resized and they have tiny font I can no longer read it without glasses. And my eyes do less work when I put the reading glasses on. If your prescription stronger than mine, then you might need glasses for more closeup work than I do.

I actually planned to do 1/2 reading glasses and 1/2 clear glasses over my lens. But I find I almost never need the reading glasses, so I never did order those.

Comment

Working...
      X