Growth of Meibomian Gland Tissue after Probing in Patients with MGD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growth of Meibomian Gland Tissue after Probing in Patients with MGD

Dr. Steven L ****** has written a professional paper in the British Journal of Ophthalmology. It is dated June 7, 2017. The title is: Growth of Meibomian Gland Tissue after Intraductal Meibomian Gland Probing in Patients with Obstructive Meibomian Gland Dysfunction.

Purpose: Investigated the impact of meibomian gland probing (MGP) on the upper lids of patients with obstructive meibomian gland dysfunction (o-MGD).
    Methods: Conducted study to compare pre-MGP/post-MGP probing using infrared meibography. The study showed signs of MG growth within the viewing field.
    Results: There was a significant increase in total glandular area and a significant increase in the mean individual glandular area of these lids.
    Conclusion: MGP was associated with increased MG tissue area and growth of atrophied MGs as viewed on meibography.

Probing has worked for me. I have been a patient of Dr. ******'s for six years. I hope that patients and doctors take a look at this study, and hopefully gain more understanding of this technique.

http://bjo.bmj.com/content/bjophthal...10097.full.pdf
Working...
X