Lid expression help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lid expression help

alright, so I was doing my routine and decided to express my glands with a qtip instead of my fingers after my compress. I noticed in my magnified mirror a cap on one gland in the center of my lower lid. Once I saw it I tried to wipe it away with the qtip, but it's lodged in the gland. I can see oil seeping from the side of it. So I tried expressing it firmly with my index finger multiple times and it won't give loose. How can I express this cap off my gland safely at home? Thanks, as always, you've all helped me so much!

If you haven't tried, try warming it up a bit more with warm compress?

Comment

Originally posted by deep_dry_eye View Post
      definitely going to do that before bed...just wondering how to proceed if the heat doesn't melt it. I feel like it should have melted the during this compress, maybe it wasn't hot enough or applied properly. I'm assuming it happened after this most recent compress because I would have noticed it before. I'll update tonight regardless...going to let them rest for now...even though I want to heat it again right now.

Comment

I would see my doc about lid debridement.

Comment

Lid debridement is a good idea.
          Why we have such cap in the first place? due to inflammation??

Comment

Originally posted by deep_dry_eye View Post
            So listen to this, I heated it up and it melted...meaning it went from white to clear oil but wouldn't dislodge from the gland. I woke up this morning and it was gone.

Comment

Hi Dowork123 excuse a stupid question but what does a capped gland look like in the mirror.

My gland issues and drop out are due to partial blinking but it would be worth knowing what to look for, I've to keep hold of the ones I've got left.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by quattroboy View Post
                Hi Dowork123 excuse a stupid question but what does a capped gland look like in the mirror.

My gland issues and drop out are due to partial blinking but it would be worth knowing what to look for, I've to keep hold of the ones I've got left.

Thanks in advance.
                So I went on amazon and bought a 20x zoom mirror..so I can see my glands really well. It looked like a white head pimple on my gland. All the other glands are flat and clear and this one gland had this white nipple on it. So I heated it again, it went translucent but stayed plugged. I just got my serum today, my doctor only makes serum on thursdays and it isn't super pressing. I see him on the 26th ill ask him about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dowork123 View Post

So I went on amazon and bought a 20x zoom mirror..so I can see my glands really well. It looked like a white head pimple on my gland. All the other glands are flat and clear and this one gland had this white nipple on it. So I heated it again, it went translucent but stayed plugged. I just got my serum today, my doctor only makes serum on thursdays and it isn't super pressing. I see him on the 26th ill ask him about it.
                  I have that as well, and yes, mine disappear usually after 24-48 hrs.

Comment

Agree with farmgirl about debridement. Just want to note as a safety matter for readers - helpful to get dr to help define a clear line between safe home lid treatment and what should be done by dr in office.
                    Rebecca Petris
                    The Dry Eye Foundation
                    dryeyefoundation.org
                    800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
                      Agree with farmgirl about debridement. Just want to note as a safety matter for readers - helpful to get dr to help define a clear line between safe home lid treatment and what should be done by dr in office.
                      Thank you, I'll ask him about the debridement and what's safe...great suggestions, much appreciated.

edit: let me add I'm currently doing dr latkanys home spa therapy. It's s great routine for MGD. Pulling my lid taut and using a q tip to express my glands has been way better than massage alone. It really unearthed some grossness lol.
                      Last edited by Dowork123; 14-Jul-2018, 14:28.

Comment

Working...
                      X