Probing question, help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probing question, help please

I'm going to do a treatment of Meiboflow with probing afterwards, I know there are some risks of scarring but at this point I'm out of options I feel just terrible.
    The problem is that I have a history in my family of and in myself producing a lot of scar tissue, it has always happen to me so It makes me a little worried that I would end up with scar tissue in the MG.

So my quesiton is if there's anything I can do, any drop for example that will reduce the chances of scarring? I read that steroids could help a lot but I need some input of this forum in this. Just the smallest detail like what food to eat or if exercise it's good to reduce inflammation? I'll follow it, I really don't want my glands to get more damage that they already are.

Thanks a lot everyone

Originally posted by Daniel2 View Post
    I'm going to do a treatment of Meiboflow with probing afterwards, I know there are some risks of scarring but at this point I'm out of options I feel just terrible.
    The problem is that I have a history in my family of and in myself producing a lot of scar tissue, it has always happen to me so It makes me a little worried that I would end up with scar tissue in the MG.

So my quesiton is if there's anything I can do, any drop for example that will reduce the chances of scarring? I read that steroids could help a lot but I need some input of this forum in this. Just the smallest detail like what food to eat or if exercise it's good to reduce inflammation? I'll follow it, I really don't want my glands to get more damage that they already are.

Thanks a lot everyone
    I know there are some doctors now who use a shorter probe which would be less likely to cause scarring. Whether or not the shorter probe is as effective I don't know. Probably depends how deep the blockage is. Also, restasis is used to prevent inflammation.

Comment

Would steroid drops like Lotemax be better?

Just the idea of getting permanent scarring and making It worse (I can't even leave my house because of how bad it has gotten) is somrthng that I'm very worried. it's might seem like a meaningless but I truly appreciate the response.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel2 View Post
        Suggestions:

(1) Above all, post surgery, minimize as much as possible, exposure to light.
        Especially if the light is intense.
        Minimize or avoid proximity to computers.
        This is based on my experience, after having had a mammogram.
        I actually FELT the surgical scar SIZZLING during when I was on computer!!
        Sure enough, there's an obvious reddish scar there, rather than "clean" healing.
        As an aside, remember Helen Keller's teacher Annie had a cloth around her eyes post-surgery? If I remember correctly...

(2) Post surgery:
        Eat lots of Bing cherries, and/or juice of black cherry concentrate.
        The thicker it is, the better. I.E. a syrupy consistency vs. liquidy consistency.
        That's very anti-inflammatory.
        So are sweet raspberry products. I'm talking naturally-sweet, not loaded with white sugar.

(3) Post surgery:
        Eat lots of probiotic yogurt, such as Stonyfield.

(4) Post surgery:
        Minimize sodium, sodium nitrites, sodium citrates & so forth.
        Also minimize intense (very tangy) acids.
        Conversely: Organic honey - the kind that's like pale/waxy glue - should enhance healing.

(5) I don't see how it can harm to follow a high lysine diet.
        I had made a lysine blog, which may come in useful to follow post surgery.
        Here it is - but only if you focus with a "circular" mindset, rather than "cold-bare-facts".
        otherwise, believe me, it will be useless:
        https://lysine4flu.wordpress.com/

P.S. I realize my infrared/saltyMud logo below may seem paradoxical to the above, but the latter is intended as detox rather than post-surgery, and in fact FIR is opposite on the spectrum as U.V. so may actually be an antidote. I'd never want to do FIR alone, rather JUST while inside moist mud for balance, as well as interspersed with drinking water. Years ago, I had found the suctioning-mud of a Dead Sea mudpool to be extremely therapeutic, unlike anything else I'd ever experienced before or since. There's also an E-zine article by Blue Dunn re: FIR that's extremely interesting.
        Last edited by Minni; 27-May-2015, 12:46.
        CHEERIO! HELIO! Dry Eye Minni

sigpic

Comment

I got probed and my eyes felt worse the next day onwards. I was really bummed - more than a year of progress was washed away :-( I hope your surgery goes well.

Comment

Working...
          X