MG probing - sudden relapse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MG probing - sudden relapse?

In January 2015 I had upper lids probed in a clinical trial at Mass Eye and Ear with Dr. Hamrah. Hurt like hell, but it helped a lot - also have been taking testosterone eye drops, doxy, fish oil. Until this month, I've been consistently comfortable, just using Refresh gel a couple of times a day. Then, about a week ago, the burning, stinging started again with a vengeance; even using Refresh frequently only helped a little. I had some left over blephamide and have used it 2x a day for a few days, and feeling better - of course I'll have to taper off in a week or two.
    My fear, of course, is that the glands plugged up again, but would they do this suddenly, all at once? Or could this be a flare-up of some kind? If this is as long as probing lasts for me, it's a disappointment and I would face a lot of out-of-pocket expense (not to mention the painful procecure.)
    I can't see Dr. Hamrah until late July - he's moving to Tufts New England Medical Center and is booked up already.
    Appreciate any feedback on whether the benefits of probing could go away so suddenly.
    thanks!
    Richard

From what I've read on this site, you are lucky to have even gotten six months relief. Many people on here report very temporary relief from the procedure. However, I have not had it done so please do not rely on me for experience.

Comment

Working...
    X