This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoration of Meibomian Gland Functionalitiy

I just read the abstract of an article in Cornea: August 2010-Volume 29-Issue 8-pp 930-933 by Donald R. Korb, O.D., and Caroline A. Blackie, O.D., Ph.D.

The have tried out a "thermodynamic" device which, after one 12 minute treatment (per eye) reduced the patient's symptoms by 80% for the next three months. It didn't say what happened after that. Sounds very interesting! I'd try it!!

This sounds like the " thermage" procedure I was offered in Thailand.It uses very high radiofrequencies and laser (?) to heat the deeper layers of eyelid skin.The effects are tightening and rejuvenation of the skin for about 3 months to a year and opening the meiboian glands and improving their secretion as well as stimulating collagen & elastin production.That's the only thing approved by skin doctors for use around the eye.Other types of laser treatment I was told is "unsafe".
    This procedure can trigger herpes in the eye if one already has it.Also it's very expensive.I will try to get a referral and use my insurance but I doubt it as it's considered a cosmetic procedure.

Comment

Working...
    X