Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any feedback on the new forum upgrades?

I think we're just about done with tidying up the cosmetics of the site. I'd love to get your feedback on it. Able to find everything you need? Anything confusing?
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Hi Rebecca,
    It is probably just me and my constrast sensitivity loss from Lasik gone bad, but I'm having a very hard time seeing the forum now. To me, everything looks like a lighter text (less bold) and faded.

Are there any settings in our profiles we can make to adjust the text darkness I wonder?

Comment

I like the new site upgrade for the most part.

Love the giant exclamation points!!!!!!!

I would have to agree with 20/20, though. Can The Almighty make an improvement in the text that serves as links? Right now it is light blue and not that easy to read. Maybe make it bold? Brighter or darker in color? Different color?

Scout

Also, the dark, dark, blue that frames the screen seems kind of distracting to me. It may be because I have an extra large computer screen and it wouldn't bother any one else. That one is not as important as the light blue linked text.

Comment

I also find the paler colours harder to read.

Things were much easier when it was in bold.

Comment

Do you guys mean the main text on the posts? (Isn't it still black on white? Or is it showing up different for you?) Or in the forum home page?

I didn't keep a picture of what it used to look like (oops) so I've been struggling to figure out what's different - it seems to me like on the forum main page there was more stuff bolded but I think that was only 'new' items and I've been here so much lately that nothing ever seems to be marked new...

Anyway, appreciate all the feedback - keep it coming - I'll talk to John about all of it.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Hi Rebecca,

To clarify: Every page has text that if clicked on, turns into a link. Forum titles, thread tiles, anything at the top of the pages that link to other forums, discussions, members names, navigation links, etc.

The color of the text for those links is pale blue on a white background. The light blue seems to fade into the white background and is not easy to see.

The top of the page also has pale blue text for links, but on a dark blue background. That seems to be a problem of contrast as well, but the pale blue text on the white background is more problematic in my opinion.

Comment

A few changes made

Based on your feedback, I've made a few changes:

The basic text color (e.g., the body text and title of each post) is now pure black. Previously it was dark gray. That may help legibility a bit.

The standard link color is now a darker blue than it was, and bold as well, like this link.

In forum listings, (such as the Open Forum), all thread titles are now bold. Previously, only threads with unread posts were bold, and all other thread titles were not bold. Now, the only indication of unread posts will be the big green exclamation point to the left of the thread title.

The links in the navbar (uppermost blue bar on this page) are now lighter, almost white.

If there are additional changes you would like to see, don't hesitate to share them here. I can't promise to implement each request (there are a lot of competing factors to consider), but I'll do my best.

Comment

This is MUCH, MUCH better now!!! I'm glad I spoke up. I didn't want to rain on the parade of the new forum upgrade, but I was struggling so badly with the text contrast.

Thanks for the changes!

Comment

Sorry - what has changed?

Comment

Originally posted by DEZadmin View Post
                    Based on your feedback, I've made a few changes:

The basic text color (e.g., the body text and title of each post) is now pure black. Previously it was dark gray. That may help legibility a bit.

The standard link color is now a darker blue than it was, and bold as well, like this link.

In forum listings, (such as the Open Forum), all thread titles are now bold. Previously, only threads with unread posts were bold, and all other thread titles were not bold. Now, the only indication of unread posts will be the big green exclamation point to the left of the thread title.

The links in the navbar (uppermost blue bar on this page) are now lighter, almost white.

If there are additional changes you would like to see, don't hesitate to share them here. I can't promise to implement each request (there are a lot of competing factors to consider), but I'll do my best.
                    These improvements make the site much easier to read.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Scout View Post
                      Hi Rebecca,

To clarify: Every page has text that if clicked on, turns into a link. Forum titles, thread tiles, anything at the top of the pages that link to other forums, discussions, members names, navigation links, etc.

The color of the text for those links is pale blue on a white background. The light blue seems to fade into the white background and is not easy to see.

The top of the page also has pale blue text for links, but on a dark blue background. That seems to be a problem of contrast as well, but the pale blue text on the white background is more problematic in my opinion.
                      Agree with Scout. Upgrade is good but a bit of problem with the font.

Comment

Working...
                      X