This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to change E-mail

I need to change my e-mail address to a gmail account (all I will have shortly). I tried to send an E-mail to the webmaster address but it was rejected. Please advise.

I understand the concern with spam, but everyone I know uses gmail these days. Have you tried other human verification schemes, like the sqiggly letter thing, to keep automated registrations to a minimum?

Thanks.

Anyone? I've sent a few E-mails to admin with no response. I don't want to lose access to this forum when my old E-mail disappears.

Comment

Hmmm sorry, I don't know why I didn't get the emails you sent. There is no problem with changing your email address, just send me a PM with the new email and your username and I can make the change. The block on free email accounts is only applicable to automated new registrations and doesn't affect existing users.

In answer to your original question yes I've tried pretty much all this software package offers. So far this method is working better than any other - people are calling or emailing if they need manual registration. I know there will be complaints either way, but I get more complaints about the squiggly letter things (after all, this is an eyecare board and a lot of people don't see too well) than about having to get ad admin to set up the registration.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Whoops! I just found your email from Wednesday and I've changed your email address.

To clarify... users can't register under gmail etc using automated registration and (I gather) existing users can't change their account to gmail etc on their own, but an admin can always do it for you with no problem. I certainly don't want anyone to think they won't be able to use the board if they have only gmail/yahoo etc accounts! Sorry for the hassle folks.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
        X