This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocular roseascea and hot compress....read this

I'm. 29 and been diagnosed with MGD and ocular roseascea. For a while I was doing hot compresses at night but it seemed to make the veins in my eyes even more red and permanent . My new ophthalmologist said no more hot compresses. I just had my first IPL treatment friday and have stopped the hot compresses since then. Still on doxy and blink and fish oil.has anyone had their red permanent veins clear up?? Or had IPL?

Katewest,
    I have mgd and ocular rosacea too. I initially tried hot compresses and it did not unblock the glands,only seemed to make things worse.For years I was using steroids to control inflammation but then I developed a IOP problem.
    I've had 6 IPl treatments- I got no noticeable improvement till after the 4th treatment but I feel it really did help my dry eye. I also have some rather prominent veins in my eyes (I hate this) and they have not gone away. I'm going to talk to the IPL guy about this when I go again in Oct. to see if there's anything that can be done. I'd love to be rid of them.

Comment

Hi bunnyrabbit123
      Let me know what your doc says about the red veins. Mine said they do fade after the IPL treatment but he wasn't specific. They do seem to fade at night or be worse looking sometimes which leads me to believe they could go away with the right treatment. It's good to hear the IPL helped you. I am a little disappointed there has not been immediate effects. Has it helped your eyes significantly ? What else are you using now?

Comment

Hi Katewest- I'll keep you informed. You should know that I also have upper plugs, lower cautery and I was using restasis for about 6 mos. before I decided I needed to bite the bullet, pay the money and make the long trip to one of the few dr's in the area who offered IPl. It definitly made a difference for me. I've been looking at the website of a Dr. Alan Panzer in Houston who seems to be having success with amniotic membrane and (here's my interest) testosterone drops. I'm in my 60's, have been misdiagnosed for years and at this point, I do think there's a hormonal component to my problems. Right now, I just use my restasis 2x a day and systane balance when the weather is very dry or I'm suffering too much exposure to A/C. We had a wicked summer this year and I was able to tolerate it better than last year, prior to IPl, when the A/C just killed me. Does your dr. express the glands after treatment? the first couple of expressions were pretty painful for me-then it got better. I really hope you find this works for you.

Comment

Thanks for all the good info. Which treatment would you say helped the most? I am thinking about trying restasis....was that a help to you?

Comment

Working...
          X