X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katewest
    replied
    I agree with LaDiva, the more drops I put in my eyes the worse and more inflamed they became. I also have ocular rosacea and possibly some allergies although I came up neg for all. The tobradez made my lids puffy so I stopped after a week. The restatsis was the worst! I don't even use artificial drops anymore b/c they make things worse. I do use a humidifier at work and home. Protective glasses outside. Computer breaks. Healthy eating, ie. very low sugar and carbs, no dairy or caffeine. I think if you can find your trigger you could get the inflammation down. I think mine is uncomfortable situations. If I get embarrassed. mad, surprised, anything like that I flush. And usually have a bad eye week after that. Heat did not help me. I do the LAtkany eye spa though, just after the shower. I also take Omegas and NAC, although I don;t think the NAC really had much of an effect. Some people really like it though.
    Lastly, I am going to be fitted for Prose lenses next month in Boston. I am excited but have not heard many ocular rosacea/MGD ppl on here say they had success. I tried synergies and sclerals with no help.

Leave a comment:

• LaDiva
    replied
    Wow. I understand and my heart goes out to you trishk. A year and a half ago I had bright red eyes, mgd, dry eye... Things started out mildly about three years ago, and escalated as stress, lack of sleep and poor eating habits took over. Sounds like you have the food situation pretty well in hand. I quit eating sugar entirely, as well as gluten, acidic fruits; a whole list of things. Then I started looking for stress reduction methods and quit trying to do so much. The bottom line is that I had to get the inflammation levels down, and that hasn't been easy. Food was key, stress reduction was key, drugs were not key. Every drug I put in my body made things worse. The doxy didn't help, and I eventually was having problems with food absorption, yeast and digestive tract problems. Green tea helps, and everything you put in your mouth matters. Not easy. My eyes are 75% better, but not well yet. I am praying, and keeping hope. It is hard. PM me if you like, and I'll share more. We have the same eye issues, and it can truly be a nightmare. You are so right. Sending good wishes for good things.

Leave a comment:

• Advice for Ocular Rosacea, Blepharitis, Dry Eye Nightmare

I am a 46 year old healthy female. Ocular rosacea, blepharitis, severe photophobia and dry eye began in January. I had only mild dry eye in the past and I occasionally used Systane drops (nonpreserved). I wore eye makeup and enjoyed the outdoors (running, hiking, swimming, yard work, etc.) I have never had facial rosacea. My eyes are a mess and my cheeks are only slightly rosy. Three visits to the opthamologist, two to the dermatologist, a visit to an ENT and quite a few visits to this website have led me to this post.

Currently trying:
    Doxycycline 100 mg 2 x per day (2+ months)
    Spironolactone 50 mg 2 x per day (6 weeks)
    Restastis (one month)
    TheraTears supplements 3 per day (fish oil, flaxseed oil, E)
    Lysine
    MultiVitamin
    OcuSoft Cleansing Pads
    Erythromyacin ointment at night
    Systane Ultra preservative free drops 3-4 times per day
    Ambien

I use polarized climate control sunglasses (WileyX) when I must be outdoors, which I now limit. I no longer wear eye makeup, which I miss. I have gone for allergy testing and have mild allergies to oak, ragweed, dogs, cats, and feathers. I've been on Tobradex ointment and drops, but my ocular pressure raised and I don't think it helped anyway.

I do not drink alcohol or caffeine; I don't smoke, or eat unhealthy foods. I eat mostly vegetables and fruits, and have stopped dairy. I am looking at going completely wheat and gluten free. I eat very little bread or sugar now. I cannot afford to lose weight, as I already have a tall thin frame. I had my hormone levels checked with my gynecologist, as I am on Premarin 3 years post hysterectomy. Hormones checked out fine.

I go back to the opthamologist this week and the dermatologist next week, though I feel they have run out of options. I have switched lubricating drops twice, trying GenTeal and Refresh drops. I am considering trying Manuka honey on the lids or ionized silver drops as a last resort. I am also thinking about acupuncture.

What else can I try??? This has changed my quality of life drastically. I have supportive family and friends, but I don't go out much due to the way my eyes look and feel. Currently, I have irritated and red eyes and lids, very dry feeling, gritty at the inner corners, and a small irritated bump on the lower inner eyelid rim. Any advice (or a miracle!) would be greatly appreciated.
Working...
X