This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi rppnj,

Oasis tears and Oasis tears plus are 2 good HA drops in the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by HNautumn View Post
      Hi rppnj,

Oasis tears and Oasis tears plus are 2 good HA drops in the US.
      Great! Thanks!

Comment

• Interesting. Hyaluronan is listed as an inactive ingredient in Oasis, sodium hyaluronate is listed as the active ingredient in VISMED. Anybody know if this makes a difference? Oasis is easier to order.

Comment

• Originally posted by browneyesblu View Post
          Hi rppnj,

How are you doing since the Lipiflow treatment? Do you still think it was worth it? I know you are a fan of Hyaluronic Acid, I'm wondering if you've ever tried HA eye drops? Hope all is well.

My eyes are much better. I have to attribute the majority of the improvement to the Lipiflow. I was told that it may take weeks before Lipiflow reaches its full potential; it seems that my eyes have been improving gradually since the treatment. When I stay indoors my eyes now remain normal. When I go out, I still get irritation from tree pollen & outdoor mold, which I tested positive for at the Allergist.

Comment

• Originally posted by rppnj View Post
            My eyes are much better. I have to attribute the majority of the improvement to the Lipiflow. I was told that it may take weeks before Lipiflow reaches its full potential; it seems that my eyes have been improving gradually since the treatment. When I stay indoors my eyes now remain normal. When I go out, I still get irritation from tree pollen & outdoor mold, which I tested positive for at the Allergist.
            Awesome! I am so happy for you. It sounds like all you need to do now is get the allergies under control. It's so encouraging to hear about someone having a good result from something. Are you still on any meds or lubricating drops or using the MCs indoors? I wish you continued improvement until you can stick those MCs in a drawer somewhere and forget you ever had a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by browneyesblu View Post
              Awesome! I am so happy for you. It sounds like all you need to do now is get the allergies under control. It's so encouraging to hear about someone having a good result from something. Are you still on any meds or lubricating drops or using the MCs indoors? I wish you continued improvement until you can stick those MCs in a drawer somewhere and forget you ever had a problem.
              Hey Blu,

Wow! My eyes are still good! When I'm indoors at home, they are normal...like there's nothing wrong with them at all. My allergist put me on a 'light' Bausch & Lomb Steroid drop, 'Alrex, 0.2%'. I'm on one drop, twice a day, however, it seems that I only require one drop once per day. The drops are light so I can use them throughout the tree pollen season (ends about May 31) without any side effects.

Also, when I'm exposed to allergens or irritants, my eyes return to normal when I return home (indoors). Prior to the Lipiflow, once my eyes responded to an allergen or irritant, that was it...my eyes were ruined for the day. Also, I'm still on the HA (Hyaluronic Acid) and I wear my 7eye 'environmental sunglasses' when I jog every day. I only hope that this lasts!

Take care,
              rppnj

Comment

• I just read through this post, I know it's a few years old but is anyone still on the forum now and can update? I had no idea about NAC until I read about it regarding health supplements (since I was reading about another antioxidant and it was mentioned briefly) I though "that sounds like it might be good for dry eye" and stuck in a search in Google and it takes me back to the forum where I browse everyday, yet never came across this information. I'm going to give it a try, wonder if anyone here or new has found any long term success with it?
                People have recovered, so can we.
                www.twitter.com/EyeGirlfriend)

Comment

• Originally posted by waterbee View Post
                  I just read through this post, I know it's a few years old but is anyone still on the forum now and can update? I had no idea about NAC until I read about it regarding health supplements (since I was reading about another antioxidant and it was mentioned briefly) I though "that sounds like it might be good for dry eye" and stuck in a search in Google and it takes me back to the forum where I browse everyday, yet never came across this information. I'm going to give it a try, wonder if anyone here or new has found any long term success with it?
                  I've been taking the NAC supplement for 5 or 6 months with a positive improvement in eye redness and dryness. I've tested going off of it and restarting a couple of times and it still provides a positive improvement for me--more noticeable certainly than the Omega 3-6 supplement. It's a layer of improvement--doesn't "fix" the problem--but of course, we'll take whatever we can get. I order mine from iHerb.com--their prices are good, the shipping prompt. I do want to try the NAC drops though, which I've read about in this forum. Best wishes to you--

Comment

• I've had a positive experience taking NAC too, I can tell a difference, the quality of my meibum has improved and eyes feel less dry, I'm doing all kinds of things so its difficult to say how much it has helped but I definitely noticed a difference. I take one 600mg per day and vitamin C. Although id like to take 300mg twice a day but I need to buy some gelatin capsules to split the amount and avoid waster, I cant stomach drinking it! One brand made me feel sick but the brand im taking at the moment doesnt. Cath x
                    27, pinguecula, dry eye, Wirral, UK

Comment

• Originally posted by cathy8889 View Post
                      I've had a positive experience taking NAC too, I can tell a difference, the quality of my meibum has improved and eyes feel less dry, I'm doing all kinds of things so its difficult to say how much it has helped but I definitely noticed a difference. I take one 600mg per day and vitamin C. Although id like to take 300mg twice a day but I need to buy some gelatin capsules to split the amount and avoid waster, I cant stomach drinking it! One brand made me feel sick but the brand im taking at the moment doesnt. Cath x
                      Thanks, I've not yet tried them as have a month of antihistamines to try due to the pressure I always feel in my eyes, the doctor doesn't think it's related to dry eye so it's a bit of an experimental hunch to see if it's allergys(she stressed it won't cure my dry eye even if it is) I thought it might not be wise to mix them so was waiting until it's done, but if anyone knows of any interactions with these do let me know. I just started a high dose of vitamin c too, apparently studies show it can help TBUT?
                      People have recovered, so can we.
                      www.twitter.com/EyeGirlfriend)

Comment

• Originally posted by waterbee View Post
                        Thanks, I've not yet tried them as have a month of antihistamines to try due to the pressure I always feel in my eyes, the doctor doesn't think it's related to dry eye so it's a bit of an experimental hunch to see if it's allergys(she stressed it won't cure my dry eye even if it is) I thought it might not be wise to mix them so was waiting until it's done, but if anyone knows of any interactions with these do let me know. I just started a high dose of vitamin c too, apparently studies show it can help TBUT?
                        Waterbee, I take antihistamines daily along with low-dose doxycycline, a multi-vitamin, Omega 3-6-9, 600 of NAC and some other medication. I haven't found NAC to be a problem with any of them. I do always check new medication or vitamin supplements on a Multi-Drug Interaction Checker website by Medscape (http://reference.medscape.com/drug-interactionchecker). The website has been helpful in terms of letting me know which supplements need to be taken when and with what. For me, some antihistamines and dosages have tended to dry my eyes out more...such a complicated mess to try to sort out.

Comment

• Hi everbody,

i started taking NAC (500mg per day with breakfeat) for my MGD and i feel already an improvement in tear volume ...i am wondering if i double the dose ???? anyone recently give it a try??
                          thank you

Comment

• No this is old subject but anybody else reporting good things with NAC and HA supplements.

Comment

• dude I'm trying this, I just placed my order on Amazon, at this point I'm just losing $10 bucks!!

Comment

• Any updates on this? Anyone still using this and benefitting from it?
                                Sounds too good to be true!

Comment

Working...
                                X