Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 3 straight good nights using 600mg NAC once daily, the last 3 nights eyes were dry and needed Genteal few times. i increased the dosage from 600mg once a day to twice (1200mg) last night and it didnt have an affect. not sure why is worked so well initially and less so since

Comment

• Originally posted by EternalTears View Post
      After 3 straight good nights using 600mg NAC once daily, the last 3 nights eyes were dry and needed Genteal few times. i increased the dosage from 600mg once a day to twice (1200mg) last night and it didnt have an affect. not sure why is worked so well initially and less so since
      Thanks for the updates EternalTears.

May be the first good 3 nights were just coincidence?

Comment

• sorry for the load of questions...

I would love to try this but I dont know if i could handle it. I have a bad stomach & had severe gastritis (needed an endoscopy) a year ago. I can only handle about one 1000 omega 3 oil pill a day.

which brand of NAC should someone like me take? does it have to be taken without food?(Id prefer with.) Would it be better if I stop my other supplements(multivitamin & the omega 3) so my stomach can better handle it? would I have to stop taking Tums too?
        miserable in Miami...

Comment

• Originally posted by rppnj View Post
          Hi Soaps,
          NAC is Carlson Labs Brand, 500MG, 60 capsules, from Amazon, $8.99 / bottle. HA is Jarrow Formulas Brand, 50MG, 120 capsules, from Amazon, about $18.00 / bottle. Drink plenty of water with the NAC. Best on empty stomach. I take one NAC in thr morning & one in earle evening. I take one HA per day in the morning.
          Regards,
          rppnj
          thank u. i increased dose and going well. possible reflux on empty stomach but too early to tell.
          http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/l/l/t/allthings.htm

Comment

• im still taking 1 600mg dose a day of NAC (now 10 days running) and dont seem to notice a difference after the first 3 days were a full and total response. some improvement from dry eye has come from a reduction of pollen recently and as the season goes from mid spring to late spring and summer, the symptoms will even reduce more. as with restastis i was on years ago, i eventually went off of it and didnt notice a difference. ill keep taking NAC once daily and look to use a hydroeye suppliment to see if any difference

Comment

• Originally posted by BigNate View Post
              Does anyone know the potential risks and dangers associated with NAC? The only thing that I have found in it may increase your blood pressure.
              Thanks, Big Nate, At a recent Doctor visit, my blood pressure was high (higher than it's ever been) and I've been monitoring it and it has remained high. I remembered your post about NAC possibly raising BP and so I stopped taking it. After a few days, my BP returned to normal. The only thing different that I had introduced was the NAC so I have to attribute my BP increase to the NAC. If anyone has started taking NAC, it would be a good idea to monitor your blood presure.
              Regards,
              rppnj

Comment

• i had my B/P checked Tue after being on NAD 10 days and it was 107/60 which is ideal.

Comment

i had my B/P checked Tue after being on NAD 10 days and it was 107/60 which is ideal.
                  That's great ET! I wish mine were that good! You'll live to be 100!
                  rppnj

Comment

• you still taking the Hyaluronic Acid RPPNJ? How much dryness have you noticed since getting off of NAC

Comment

• Congrats rppnj on the success with NAC!

I have been taking NAC for 3 months (I have aqueous deficiency) and unfortunately have seen no improvement of symptoms. I am so HAPPY that other people are seeing good results. I take joy from your successes and it keeps me going!

Best wishes,

Warren

Comment

you still taking the Hyaluronic Acid RPPNJ? How much dryness have you noticed since getting off of NAC
                        Hi ET,
                        Since I know for a fact that my symptoms are triggered by allergies / irritants, I've been staying inside more during peak allergy season and I hired a lawn care service to cut my lawn (I very much enjoy yard-work so I'm going to miss that). Since I've been staying in more, my symptoms have lessened considerably so I haven't missed the NAC. I still take the HA, however, which seems to help and is also very good for your skin. When I go out walking / jogging, I've been wearing my '7eye' environmental sunglasses, which help a lot. I'm still waiting for my prescription ones to arrive. Check out their 'cool' looking sunglasses at:
                        http:// www.7eye.com
                        Regards,
                        rppnj

Comment

• Originally posted by Warren View Post
                          I have been taking NAC for 3 months (I have aqueous deficiency) and unfortunately have seen no improvement of symptoms. I am so HAPPY that other people are seeing good results. I take joy from your successes and it keeps me going!

Best wishes,

Warren
                          Thanks, Warren, I appreciate it! Regards, rppnj

Comment

• Hi rppnj,

How are you doing since the Lipiflow treatment? Do you still think it was worth it? I know you are a fan of Hyaluronic Acid, I'm wondering if you've ever tried HA eye drops? Hope all is well.

Comment

• Originally posted by browneyesblu View Post
                              Hi rppnj,

How are you doing since the Lipiflow treatment? Do you still think it was worth it? I know you are a fan of Hyaluronic Acid, I'm wondering if you've ever tried HA eye drops? Hope all is well.
                              Hi Blu,
                              It's hard to say regarding the Lipiflow. I should have waited until after the allergy season, however, I made the appointment more than a month in advance and hadn't thought about that. Now that I'm certain that my symptoms are 'triggered' by allergens (just tested positive for Maple tree pollen & outdoor molds) I have been staying indoors more during Spring allergy season. When indoors, my eyes have been fine, although I'm still sensitive to indoor irritants also. Overall, my eyes are much better, however, I'm not sure if it was the Lipiflow or just staying indoors more. I finally received my prescription environmental (my term) Sunglasses from '7eye' and they are great. I jogged with them yesterday and they shielded my eyes from the wind, sun, pollen, molds and whatever else is out there that triggers my symptoms. I highly recommend them. Check out the following web site: ' www.7eye.com '. I am still taking the 'Jarrow Formalas' HA and I feel that it's helpful overall. I haven't found HA drops though. I know that eye surgeons use HA drops as an eye lubricant with eye surgery. Do you know where I can purchase HA drops?
                              Regards,
                              rppnj

Comment

• Do you know where I can purchase HA drops?
                                Regards,
                                rppnj[/QUOTE]

I found this site, company in UK I think they will ship to US.
                                http://www.medicinechest.co.uk
                                Search site for VISMED

Comment

Working...
                                X