X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my MGD story

Hi everyone,

My name is Zach, I'm 24 years old, from Israel (in the middle east).

First, I would like to thank you all for sharing all the possible information and experiences of your dry eye suffering.

I decided to write me story shortly.

2 years ago, I had PRK (Lasek) surgery in my eyes, I had about -1.5 myopia, simply wanted to rid my glasses off.
    Since than, I started to have a mild dry eye, so I used artificial drops and guessed that this problem will pass soon.
    Meanwhile, things got worse, now I have a very severed dry eyes. I don't know if this is caused by the LASEK surgery I had, but if so, I regret about it so much.
    I can possibly say that I tried all kind of artificial drops, from all brand, purchased many from abroad so maybe I can find something that really suits me the best.

Only month ago, I went to my eyes doctor and he said I have MGD. He saw all my history and made a lot of tests to define this.

He recommended me to use Restasis, and so I did. I'm using Restasis for a month and half, had some improvements but I guess it's still hard to define. My eyes still very red in the light/late hours and in the morning hours.
    I found good artificial drops called "Hyaluronix" which I never tried before. I guess that they are the best for me now. I use them along with the Restasis drops.
    I pay 100 usd for each Restasis box, pretty expensive (about 8% of my monthly salary).
    meanwhile, I use also fish oil, lid-care cleaning cloths, and just today I read here about few recommendations on N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) and I decided to order it, maybe this can help for a little or more.

I tried many ways to get Azasite, but it's simply doesn't exist in my country. I tried to get it on the internet but it's impossible without a prescription.

I don't know if my MGD is caused by the LASEK surgery (is it?) but if yes, I wish I could turn back and have my glasses back and forget about my MGD.

If you have some suggestions to ease the chronic MGD, I will love to advise you.

Please sorry for my english and thank you again,
    Zach
Working...
X