This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triphala Ghritam (Ayurvedic) - Magical and unbelievable

Update: After using Triphala Ghritam, an ayurvedic medicine, continuously over one month now, I am able to sit even under ceiling fan. I never imagined that I would be able to sit under ceiling fan in my life.

There is a tremendous improvement. My eyes are not at all dry now. Itching and irritation is also gone. I am almost becoming a normal person now, I would say around 95%.

This one is sure a magical medicine. I can't emphasize any further. Try this to believe me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    See my previous posts:
    http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...vedic-medicine

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...now&highlight=
    Last edited by subashli; 26-Feb-2012, 18:28.

Hi Subashli,

Thanks for keeping us up to date! I know many are viewing your post.

I am so glad you are feeling back to normal. I have used ayurvedic herbs in the past (adaptogens) and have been impressed. My naturopathic doctor is leaning towards a more ayurvedic approach.

Are you still using ghee? What source would you be using? I must admit I am very reluctant to put anything in my eyes. I don't even like using artificial tears. Having said that, I would not be averse to trying the Triphala Ghriam orally. My only reluctance is that I am taking sooo many other supplements as well. I wonder if it is possible to take too many supplements that have anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory effect? Probably not as dangerous as antibiotics and steroids. Too bad there is so little research available to us.

Comment

Yes, I am still using Triphala Ghrita. It consists of Ghee + herbs. 'Ghrita' means Ghee - nothing but clarified butter and is considered one of the best ayurvedic vehicle for carrying herbs to the desired site of action. When you heat butter for sometime, you get ghee.

1. I am drinking warm milk mixed with 2 spoons of Triphala Ghrita twice a day. (Triphala Ghrita will be like Thick Syrup). If you are allergic to milk, you can mix with warm water and drink. I am not putting Triphala Ghrita in my eyes. This medicine is to be taken orally with warm milk or water.

2. What source? Din get ya.

3. Generally ayurvedic medicines are safe and they have no side effects.

4. I am not even taking fish oil regularly nowadays. I am skipping so many other things after using Triphala Ghrita (such as warm compresses, wearing goggles outside, not sleeping near AC vent or Fan)

What other supplements are you using for dry eyes now?

Comment

I'm getting a good response to the unicist homeopathy (i have been taking the medicine for about two weeks, of two months initial prescription). But if it didn't worked as expected, my next step will be Triphala.

thanks for sharing it with us.

Comment

Excellent, good luck with the homeopathy treatment.

Earlier, I also used homeopathic medicine for more than 4 months, but did not find any improvement. Infact I tried all kinds of medicines .... but "Triphala Ghrita" worked the best for me.

Comment

Originally posted by subashli View Post
            Excellent, good luck with the homeopathy treatment.

Earlier, I also used homeopathic medicine for more than 4 months, but did not find any improvement. Infact I tried all kinds of medicines .... but "Triphala Ghrita" worked the best for me.
            Unicist homeopathy has cured me from another health problem i had four years ago. I think i'm lucky to have that doctor, an excellent unicist homeopath, in my town.
            But i think homeopathy will not work in all cases.

Comment

subashli

Hi Subashli, I bought the triphala churna powder in an indian store the other day. It burned my eyes though. Is that normal because I really didn't like it. I only used it once though and am afraid to use it again. Is that normal to feel some burning? I also ordered the ghirit that you take internally but I didn't get it yet.
              I am under the care of an accupucture dr. who has me on a diet where I don't eat, cheese, alcohol, spicy, raw fish, greasy, and cut down on sugar. He gave me an herb for allergies too last week. My eyes are still the same and not any better. I've only been going for this accupuncture for a almost a week and a half 3 sessions so far. I guess I should give it more time. I have no patience for anything maybe I should try the churna herb again for the eye wash. I've read about these herbs that you suggest and they sound like they are very good. They seem do a lot from reading about them. Its very interesting. I just want this dryness and inflammation to go away allready.
              Lisa

Comment

LisaLis,

Yes, Triphala Churna powder stings a little bit when it gets into the eye. That is quite normal. I did not notice any problem in using it. I used this powder only for couple of weeks, have not used it for extended period of time as I got lazy. So I cannot say about the longterm effects of Triphala Churna powder. But I know it is good for eyes. I will start using the churna powder again and let you all know.

(This churna powder is usually soaked overnight in water and in the morning it is filtered to remove all the powder and the water is used to wash the eyes)

What I am using for about 2 months is Triphala Ghrita or Ghrit, that has to be taken internally. So if Ghrita used for a month, I am sure one will see the difference.

I am using Triphala Ghrita .... manufactured by Baidynath. It costs only $3 in India and lasts about 4 to 6 days .

http://www.madanapalas.com/triphala-ghrita-p-721.html

[ To those who do not know, Triphala Ghrita is different from Triphala Churna powder ]

Few Tips:
                1. Buy a mosquito bed net and use it while sleeping so that air from AC vents or fan would not blow directly to the eyes. (I am using a bed net and really found it useful)
                http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...ed+net&x=0&y=0

2. Apply Castor oil to the eyes.

3. Use a sleeping mask with wet cotton pads on the eyes.

and so on ....
                Last edited by subashli; 26-Feb-2012, 18:31.

Comment

I would suggest that if you are going to use the powder that you soak it in a non-preserved saline solution. . . that might help with the stinging. I have never used this treatment, so I really can not vouch for it one way or another.

I wonder if purchasing the Triphalia Churna powder directly from an ayurvedic doctor might be a wise move. The powder is more likely to be of a purer and maybe even sterile form.

Someone else has posted on DEZ about their success with Triphalia. This person also commented on the effectiveness of the ayurvedic medicine, Mentat for dealing with depression.

It would be great if we had a poster, maybe from India, who has experience with an ayurvedic medicine doctor, to share his experiences with dry eye treatment.

Comment

triphala

Hi Shibashli, Oh so the churna does sting. hmmmm maybe I should try it again. I get so frustrated that I probably don't give anything a chance. My eyes were really bothering me after very dry and burning but what else is new. I am waiting for the triphala ghirit and I'm going to give that a try. I ordered the ghirit from one of the links you put up. Did you get relief right away or did it take a while? You were taking both at the same time the churna and the ghirit? I think I'm going to try the churna again then. I strained the churna with a paper toweling and soaked my eyes with it using cotton balls. When you sleep do you use plain water soaked in cotton balls? I saw online there was this Indian doctor who treats his patients with ayurvidic herbs and that can do a medical consult with you online. The only the problem is you would think he would need to look at the eyes. I guess if I told him my diagnosis it would work. I have to look for his link again.
                    Hi hopeful, Yeah maybe you are right to soak the herb in a non preserved saline solution. I could prob use the unisol 4 for that.

Comment

LisaLis,

I found relief within 2 to 3 days of using Triphala Ghrita. This one I am taking everyday since past 1 1/2 months.

But churna water eye wash, initially I tried for 2 to 3 days, but after that I did not use regularly as I became lazy or kept forgetting soaking overnight. So used churna on and off may be 6 to 7 times until now.

While sleeping, I use cotton balls soaked in plain water or sometimes rose water and place an eye sleep mask on top of it to hold the cotton balls tightly through out the night. This way no air will enter the eyes. Sometimes I use Celluvisc drops or genteal or refresh nightime gel just before going to bed.

Online consultation might work but in person is always better.

I live in USA but I am in India right now for few months. I am going to consult an indian ayurvedic doctor here soon. Will update shortly.

Comment

triphala

Hi Subashli,

Yes keep us updated on what the Indian dr. says. I'm going to try the triphala churna wash again this morning.

I found this article interesting, it talks about the triphala churna in a few of the paragraphs. http://www.living-foods.com/articles/herbaldetox.html

Comment

My naturopathic doctor says that ayurvedic medicine doctors are absolutely great at treating eye ailments. She has had patients travel to India and had their eye issues treated successfully there, while they could not be treated here in North America.

Comment

Sublashli -what is your eye diagnosis? MGD? lasik? auto immune???? thanks... i am just curious as i have sjogrens and mgd.. and before i invest in something i didnt know if it would help sjogrens....since it's autoimmune
                            Jenny

Comment

Hopeful2,

You are right.

I never used to believe in Ayurvedic medicines before. But lately since 1 year after using ayurvedic medicines for some issues, I have realized that they are really good. Compared to regular western medicines, they do not cure something in minutes or hours . They do take some time but are really effective. Good thing is most have no side effects. Even in India, only in the last few years, Ayurvedic (herbal) medicine has gained prominence. Earlier, only very few people used to go to a ayurvedic doctor, but now there are many and ayurvedic centers have sprung up everywhere. Right from massages to facials to treating obesity .... everyone is going ayurvedic or herbal nowadays in India.

jenny2008,
                              Severe dry eyes after Lasik. I have two punctal plugs inserted in both the eyes in lower eyelids.

See my previous posts to know more
                              http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...vedic-medicine
                              http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...now&highlight=

I dont know if it is going to work for your condition but everything is trial and error. An ayurvedic doctor might be able to diagonise correctly and treat depending on the condition. I think it is better to try something than suffering each and every day.

FYI ... These are some of the methods ayurvedic doctors use to treat eye problems (see the below links). These methods are very new to us but they are interesting . I came to know after browsing some websites.

1. http://www.netrafoundation.com/treatments.html
                              2. http://www.sreedhareeyam.com/index.p...d=74&Itemid=92
                              3. http://www.sreedhareeyam.com/index.p...d=76&Itemid=94

I am thinking of doing Tarpana method with Triphala Ghrita at home. Somewhere I read this method is good for dry eyes. Let me try and see
                              Last edited by subashli; 27-Feb-2012, 22:42.

Comment

Working...
                              X