This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bakunin

Hi I ordered from there. I am in NY and did take a few weeks, but I did get it. They do seem reliable. It did take a while. I'm sure you'll get it. It doesn't always show the package being updated when you are tracking a package for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by LisaLis View Post
      Hi I ordered from there. I am in NY and did take a few weeks, but I did get it. They do seem reliable. It did take a while. I'm sure you'll get it. It doesn't always show the package being updated when you are tracking a package for some reason
      Ok. They replyed today, sending me the tracking numbers. Nice.

Comment

keep us posted when u get it and if it helps your eyes..gladyou finally heard back bakunin! that is scary when you order and spend $$$ and don't hear anything for awhile...
        i am taking the ingredient list to my ND doc on Monday to see if i can try it..
        good luck when you get it!!
        Jenny

Comment

I came across following article on an Ayurveda journal:

Shushkakshipaka (dry eye syndrome): A case study
          http://www.ijaronline.com/article.as...;aulast=Dhiman

I wonder if this miracle can be reproduced for several other dry eye cases.

Comment

Hi very interesting shanku. I was givine an online consult by an aryurvedic physician and he prescribed quite a few drops and tablets. The only problem is I've been googling the herbs and can't find them online. The physician said that due to technical difficulties they can't mail them out to me? I'm wondering how I am supposed to get these medicines. I'm willing to try them.

Comment

Originally posted by shanku View Post
              I came across following article on an Ayurveda journal:

Shushkakshipaka (dry eye syndrome): A case study
              http://www.ijaronline.com/article.as...;aulast=Dhiman

I wonder if this miracle can be reproduced for several other dry eye cases.
              I wish i could be in India. Here in Brazil there are very few ayurveda doctors, and i don't know if they are really good. Probably is not easy to get all that ayurveda medicines outside India.
              Reading that piece i start thinking that Triphala may not work in all cases of dry eye. It seems that ayurveda medicines have more to do with the characteristics of each person than with the symptoms...
              Last edited by bakunin; 01-Apr-2012, 15:45.

Comment

bakunin

Originally posted by bakunin View Post
                I wish i could be in India. Here in Brazil there are very few ayurveda doctors, and i don't know if they are really good. Probably is not easy to get all that ayurveda medicines outside India.
                Reading that piece i start thinking that Triphala may not work in all cases od dry eye. It seems that ayurveda medicines are more to do with the characteristics of each person than with the symptons...
                Hi Bakunin, I found a different ayurvedic dr. online who wants to prescribe and mail out to me an assortment of medicines for $200. He mails to the US. He does accept paypal. Here is his site- I'm still trying to decide if I should order from him. I can always cancel on my credit card if it doesn't ship. I just emailed him because I'd like to know the names of the herbs he wants to send me before I buy them.

Here is his link-http://www.ayurvedaphysician.com/ayurveda-products.htm

I just sent you a PM

Lisa

Comment

The only problem is I've been googling the herbs and can't find them online. The physician said that due to technical difficulties they can't mail them out to me? I'm wondering how I am supposed to get these medicines. I'm willing to try them.
                  Just wanted to make you aware that the unavailability of Ayurveda medicines in USA is because of following FDA warning and this is the same reason these products can not be shipped easily from India to USA.

Consumer Updates > Use Caution With Ayurveda Products - FDA
                  http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/Cons.../ucm050798.htm

It seems FDA requires that these medicines be manufactured in USA but not many companies have come up to fill the void (i.e., manufactures in USA or make export version of the medicines); there are only handful of companies making Ayurveda medicines in USA, and I am aware of following few:

www.himalayausa.com
                  http://www.mapi.com/maharishi_ayurveda.html
                  http://www.vadikherbs.com/

These companies may not carry identical formulations or all range of products. But am not aware of any such warning on these products in other countries. Good Luck!
                  Last edited by shanku; 01-Apr-2012, 18:07.

Comment

Hi all,

this is my first post, i have severe dry eye that appeared after six months from having lasik now it is more than one year of chronic pain, as most of you i visited many doctors in different countries, i tried most of eye drops, gels, ointments. aslo i have two permenant punctual plug in the lower tear ducts. before two months i visited on ayurvedic doctor and she prescribed to me one tea spoon of triphala churnam mixed with honey daily, i used to take it for two months but no improvement, i visited her again before few days and she asked to do three sessions of eye wash they pour some oils in the eyes for about 1 hour, i did now two session but also no improvement. she gave me also triphala ghritam, yesterday i started taking it, its taste is awful but i close my nose when take the dose (one table spoon) and eat immediatly after it a peice of chocolate then drink a lot of water, today i'll take the second spoon of ghritam, hope i can touch an improvement so i can give you and my self some optimism, i'll update u after one week

Comment

To make justice to ayurvedabay.com , my order arrived this week. It took about 20 days. They sent the order in two packages posted in different days. Very good service.

Today i had a bad day, the kind that i hadn't had since january or december. Maybe it is because my homeopathic doctor changed my medicine last week, and the insuffcient but little improvement of the former medicine has gone... So i think i will start Triphala.

Comment

Few minutes ago i drank my first glass of warm water with Triphala Ghritta. I was afraid about the taste for what i have been reading here. But man, it's not bad. It's not good, but is not bad either. I could drink it easily. Perhaps drinking twice a day for some time i will get sick of the taste...
                        I put a teaspoon or two in a glass of water.

I purchased the Netramritam eye drop and i will start to using it today or tomorrow.

http://www.exoticindiaart.com/produc...ye-drop-AMO06/
                        Last edited by bakunin; 14-Apr-2012, 08:20.

Comment

bakunin,

good to hear that u did not get hurted by the taste, maybe drinking it with warm watter is better than taking it solely, i'll try this approach, do not forget to update us after some time if you touched any improvements hopefully

Regards

Comment

Well the remedy for dry eye is triphala as ayurved says.
                            I remember my optho telling me many times that i shud try to get rid of constipation and digestive irregularities to have relief in dry eyes.Extra pressure in body affects eyes too he said.
                            Just 2 days back he advised me the same...Be careful not to get constipation, take green veggies and use less computer and walk daily as all these can work on long term basis.
                            So I think thats all triphala ghrita is all about..Keep digestive system okay and this may be keeps eyes better.Triphala keeps constipation in control and ghrita(ghee) wipes intestines garbage.

Im also from India and i have been using triphala ghrita past 1 week.
                            But the fact to remember is ayurvedic medicines are not going to work as magic(like fml and all do).Its a slow process so i would give it 3-4 month hoping for dry eye symptoms to relieve.

But i would say its not crap...u need to give it much much more time to be effective and to be frank, most of people here in India use ayurvedic medicines after other medications do not work for them...coz none would want to wait longer to get alright...ayurvedic medicines work slower.
                            Really need to be a ROCK to take the pain!

Comment

Hiren has described it perfectly.. Ayurvedic medicines do take time.. And moreover they have multiple uses with less side effects.. One can easily try them out..
                              To all those who are outside India, Baidyanath is one of the trusted brands for ayurvedic medicines in India.. Try visiting their website for the products needed and other details..

http://www.baidyanath.com/
                              Pritesh.

Comment

Originally posted by brave_heart View Post
                                bakunin,

good to hear that u did not get hurted by the taste, maybe drinking it with warm watter is better than taking it solely, i'll try this approach, do not forget to update us after some time if you touched any improvements hopefully

Regards
                                Hi brave heart,

Perhaps differents brands have differents tastes. I puchased the Arya Vaidya Sala, sold in ayurvedabay.com .
                                The smell of it bothers me much more than the taste. The smell stays in my hands after i mix it with a spoon

I put it on the fridge yesterday, but it wasn't a good idea. Today it was stiff. Better keep it in room temperature.

I don't think i have constipation or any digestive problem, but i will see if it works for me.
                                Last edited by bakunin; 14-Apr-2012, 12:07.

Comment

Working...
                                X