Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am off to see my local ayurvedic doctor next week!! I am going to ask him lots of questions about treating dry eye and meibomian gland dysfunction. I spoke with him today on the phone and he said he has had a lot of success with treating dry eye.

Sheila, I will ask him about taking Triphalia in pill form.

I have also come across someone who has had great success with treating blepharitis with breathing exercises. I was very curious about this and have done some research in this area. . . very interesting findings. It appears that many people hyperventilate and as a result have inadequate amounts of CO2 in their tissues. This can lead to all kinds of health problems, including inflammatory disease. Looking back on my experiences, I know now that I have probably been over-breathing for years. I am going to investigate this connection between breathing and disease more thoroughly.

Comment

Excellent Praveen. Glad to hear that your eyes are improving and Triphala Ghrita is working for you too.

Good luck and God bless!

- Subashli

Comment

Hopeful2 please keep us posted on your doc visit next week and what you find out about blepharitis with breathing exercises. i have never heard that but i do know i can be very anxious/stressed.. makes me wonder..thanks
        Jenny

Comment

where should we order this from?? Madanapals.com?? and drink it right?
          Jenny

Comment

Originally posted by Hopeful2 View Post
            Sheila, I will ask him about taking Triphalia in pill form.
            Thanks!

Originally posted by Hopeful2 View Post
            I have also come across someone who has had great success with treating blepharitis with breathing exercises. I was very curious about this and have done some research in this area. . . very interesting findings. It appears that many people hyperventilate and as a result have inadequate amounts of CO2 in their tissues. This can lead to all kinds of health problems, including inflammatory disease. Looking back on my experiences, I know now that I have probably been over-breathing for years. I am going to investigate this connection between breathing and disease more thoroughly.
            I have asthma (controlled with inhaler). But I'm kinda doubtful of a connection. We'd see increased blepharitis in people with lung diseases or long distance runners or tuba players (heehee) if there was.

As for inflammation, I had C-reactive protein (CRP) and erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR or sed rate) blood tests done years ago. Both are tests for non-specific acute or chronic inflammation (they're also inexpensive). My results were normal. However, I have recommended to people who are curious about inflammation to get these done. At the very least, it's something to cross off the list!

Wish me luck... I'm about to swallow some Triphala Ghrita in chocolate Nesquik!

Comment

Good luck! the chocolate Nesquik sounds yummy! keep us posted!
              Jenny

Comment

Originally posted by jenny2008 View Post
                hey i understand Reggie.. if it's burning your throat i dont knw.. unless u have something else... stomach bugs and stuff are going on around here in the midwest-in the states.. and rainy here.. not sure how your weather is but a bunch of people i know are sick
                The burn is just coming from the fact that the taste is worse than anything I have ever drank, honestly.
                FOR WE WALK BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT (2 Corinthians 5:7).

Comment

Difference between Triphala Churna/Powder and Triphala Ghrita

Triphala Churna/Powder - Ingredients:
                  Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
                  Bibhitaka (Terminalia belerica)
                  Amalaki (Emblica officinalis)

Triphala Ghrita - Ingredients (Manufactured by Baidyanth)
                  Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
                  Bibhitaka (Terminalia belerica)
                  Amalaki (Emblica officinalis)
                  Sunthi (Zingiber officinale)
                  Marica (Piper nigrum)
                  Pippali (Piper longum)
                  Draksa (Vitis vinifera)
                  Madhuka (Honey)
                  Katurohini (Soymida febrifuga- katu quality)
                  Prapaundarika
                  Suksmaila
                  Vidariga (Pueraria tuberosa)
                  Nagakesara (Mesua ferrea)
                  Nilotpala (Nelumbo nucifera)
                  Sveta sariva (Hemidesmus indicus (Anantmool – white quality)
                  Krsna sariva (Anantmool – Black quality)
                  Candana (Santalum album)
                  Haridra (Curcuma longa)
                  Daru (Berberis aristata)
                  Ghrta (Clarified butter from cow's milk)
                  Payas (Milk)
                  Triphala rasa.

Based on ingredients "Triphala Ghrita" > "Triphala Powder" .

Triphala Ghrita has many more additional herbs than just Triphala Powder.
                  So I think "Triphala Ghrita" is better. You have to mix Triphala Ghrita in warm milk and drink internally. I take 2 spoons with warm milk. Sometimes 3 spoons if I feel like my eyes are more dry.

Hope this solved the confusion. For more information, see my previous responses/threads.

Comment

Hi Hopeful

Hi let us know how your appt. goes! I'm curious to see what he says. I'm in NY so I don't know of any aryurvidic dr.'s out hear. Interesting what you said about the breathing. I do a lot of breathing exercises in my classes. I teach fitness classes. I don't notice that it helps any, at least with me.

I found this ayruvedic dr. from India, he does an online consultation and also recommends a treatment for a small fee.
                    Here is his link:http://www.ayurvedaphysician.com/about.htm

Hi Subashli-Do you know anything about this Doctor?

Spmcc-let us know if your eyes feel any better after swallowing the Ghirita.LOL

Comment

Hello everybody

I´m new to this forum
                      short introduction: I am 22 years old, male, Austria, and suffer since a year from chronic dry eyes (MGD, Blepharitis)
                      Finally there are people here who understand how I feel and how challenging every day for us is. I tried almost every kind of drops with no help.
                      Since almost 4 months my eyes are dry every day, so I´m struggling the whole time and have to deal with this issue by myself, because the doctors only tell me to do a lid hygiene and prescribe me each visit different drops...nothing is working except of WATER...cold plain water (washing my eyes with water makes the pain go away, but the bad thing only for a few minutes)...at the end better a few minutes than nothing....

Thanks to this forum I started reading about subashli´s triumph with treating dry eyes and I followed her advice
                      In the beginning I wasn´t really sure about this method (and was just thinking that is a waste of money and time) but thanks god I changed my mind and
                      I ordered Triphala ghrita and churna from http://www.ayurvedabay.com
                      1) it arrived at my place in Austria in 3 working days.
                      2) very cheap + very good service
                      3) I dont know much about ayurveda medicine so I cant tell you anything about the quality
                      4) I m using triphala ghrita now the second day and seriously I feel a bit relied in my eyes...)) I can´t believe that
                      I dont want to be to happy, but now I really start to believe in this medicine

subashli I would like to ask you some questions about the triphala

1) Where do you store the ghrita and churna ? in the fridge ??
                      2) I use a teaspoon of ghrita and pour it into warm milk (100ml ??? is that enough ?? should I put more or less milk)
                      3) today I used first time churna: last night I mixed a teaspoon with ~ 200 mll water (cold water) and left it overnight, today in the morning I filtrated it through a filter and used it as eye wash ..........1) my eyes started a little bit burning (maybe that happened because I washed my face with open eyes ??)
                      or maybe I should use warm water so that the churna powder can dissolve well ?
                      what should the color of the solution look like after filtrating ? mine looks kind of brown :/

hope you can answer me some questions
                      thanks in advance

Comment

bojan89,

I am glad that you are slighlty relieved and feeling better.

1. You can store Triphala Ghrita and churna at room temperature or as mentioned on the carton.

2. 1 to 2 teaspoons of Triphala Ghrita can be mixed with warm milk or warm water. Quantity does not matter 1/2 glass or 1 glass full.

3. As far as I know there should not be any issue with cold water. You can try with warm water and see it it works well. The color is brown.

Good luck and God bless you.

Thanks,
                        Subashli
                        Last edited by subashli; 21-Mar-2012, 23:44.

Comment

To my Indian friends who are viewing this thread, read Shri Shirdi Sai Baba SatCharitra or Paarayanam (i.e. Miracles and Teachings of Shirdi Sai Baba) (See below link). This reading calmed and brought lot of peace to my mind and provided lot of relief during tough times. Surely this is a miracle. TRUST ME and read. You will see the difference.

Sai Satcharitra --- http://www.saibaba.us/texts/Shri%20S...atcharitra.pdf

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sai_Baba_of_Shirdi

Thanks,
                          Subashli

Comment

I purchased Thriphala Ghritta and Churna from www.ayurvedabay.com. I think it will take some time to arrive. But i will give you my feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by bakunin View Post
                              I purchased Thriphala Ghritta and Churna from www.ayurvedabay.com. I think it will take some time to arrive. But i will give you my feedback.
                              More than a week after the purchase and the status of my order in www.ayurvedabay.com remains the same ("in process", and no tracking number at all). And they don't replay any e-mails. Very annoying :/. Be aware of that site.

Comment

Originally posted by bakunin View Post
                                More than a week after the purchase and the status of my order in www.ayurvedabay.com remains the same ("in process", and no tracking number at all). And they don't replay any e-mails. Very annoying :/. Be aware of that site.
                                I ordered from them and got my first package quite quickly. They sent the order in two packages so they wouldn't get held up by Canadian customs. I emailed them at one point and they replied the next day. IMO, they did great - I was impressed.

Comment

Working...
                                X