Another appointment symptoms return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another appointment symptoms return

Ive started getting burning and blurry eyes a few times in the past few weeks. I dont know what to ask for at my appointment a because I've not hit 10 seconds and I don't know if i should ask about inflammation as my eyes are getting more red veins and making me feel worse about my appearance... mild mgd with allergies. On catacrom and fish oil warm compress once a day. Don't know what else to do had to turn down ipl because of lack of money? And ill be starting my new job.

So you can’t afford IPL, I’m sorry about that. You have MGD correct? Has your doctor ever suggested doxycycline? Doxycycline and a mild steroid helped heal my glands a lot.

Comment

Yes I do never been on antibiotics. I've been on a steroid before it didn't help much. Might ask got mild mgd but im getting tired of no relief

Comment

Originally posted by epicjinx View Post
        Yes I do never been on antibiotics. I've been on a steroid before it didn't help much. Might ask got mild mgd but im getting tired of no relief
        Doxycycline has helped me a lot, I think it’s worth a try, assuming your doctor agrees of course. Are you doing anything else at the moment, hot compress, lid scrubs?

Comment

Hot compress once a day, allergy drops 1-3 times a day and fish oil 5mg pet day. I'll ask as it's the only thing I haven't done. Just running out of options as I've tried lots of drops, gels, fish oils, (found one that works!), steriod, lid scrubs, punctual plugs, hot compresses, lid massages. Can't afford ipl, and lipiflow was mentioned but not recommended as my glands are open.

Comment

Sorry to hear this, epicjinx. Have you explored moisture chamber glasses? They're quite a good way to get burning under control without side effects, at least for a lot of people.
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

No that's another thing I haven't tried, I might give them a go. Is there different types ?

I didn't have many symptoms until now... i think it's due to winter and heaters!

Comment

Working...
              X