Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry/itchy eye problem, but only at night?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry/itchy eye problem, but only at night?

I have had red, itchy eyes for quite a while and have taken numerous allergy medications, eye drops, etc and I have no other allergy symptoms anymore. Only my eyes lids itch and become red but my eyes also become red and form clear mucus as well. However, all of this starts at about 5:30- 6:00, my eyes are fine in the morning and throughout the day. Any ideas why my eyes get dry and form mucus later in the day? Thanks

Typically those symptoms are indicative of low aqueous production. The osmolarity of the tears on your ocular surface increases throughout the day. Starting a good artificial tear in the morning could help alleviate these symptoms. In other words don't wait until you feel the symptoms.

Comment

Originally posted by indrep View Post
      Typically those symptoms are indicative of low aqueous production. The osmolarity of the tears on your ocular surface increases throughout the day. Starting a good artificial tear in the morning could help alleviate these symptoms. In other words don't wait until you feel the symptoms.
      Thank you for the response. What is a good artificial tear? I notice some drops (Systane, Blink tears) immedietly cause mucus production. The only one that seems to work OK for me right now is the Genteal eye gel. The Genteal works a little bit, but not nearly enough.

Comment

The one that has helped my wife the most, she had symptoms similar to yours with the mucous strings, is Oasis TEARS PLUS. Its available through the Dry Eye Shop. It took my wife about 3-4 months before the mucous strings stopped and its been almost 20 months and no more.

Comment

The one that has helped my wife the most, she had symptoms similar to yours with the mucous strings, is Oasis TEARS PLUS. Its available through the Dry Eye Shop. It took my wife about 3-4 months before the mucous strings stopped and its been almost 20 months and no more.
          Do you know her routine? Such as, did she put it in in the morning and at night only, etc. But I will order some of it now anyways, thanks.

Comment

At first she needed 6-7 drops a day, at three months she was down to 4 drops a day, at 6 months 3-4 and at 18 months to present 1-2 drops a day.

Comment

At first she needed 6-7 drops a day, at three months she was down to 4 drops a day, at 6 months 3-4 and at 18 months to present 1-2 drops a day.
              Ordered it today, hope it works

Comment

Working...
              X