This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.5% hydrocortisone on eyelid ok?

My doctor has given me this to put on my eyelid which has eczema. She knows I have blepharitis but she says it is fine to put it on. Anyone else done this?

I am not a doctor...my eye doctor gave me the same possibly 1% ...I only used it one day b/c I kept remebering that i think hydrocortisone causes cataracts. Probably the dose is so low it will not matter

Comment

Originally posted by Bette40 View Post
      My doctor has given me this to put on my eyelid which has eczema. She knows I have blepharitis but she says it is fine to put it on. Anyone else done this?
      Do you mean the 0.5% eye drops?

Yes, I smear a little on the lids occasionally - only near the lash margins though because that is where it is very inflamed.

Comment

Hydrocortisone cream

Hello Irish,

No it is a steroid cream 0.5%,

best,
        Bette
        Last edited by Bette40; 25-May-2010, 11:36.

Comment

Tracy

I'm sure the doctor would have urged you to use it with caution. Steroids are powerful medicines and some side affects are thinning of the skin - as you will know. Skin on the face & eyelids absorb steroids quickly - the thing to do is not to use too much nor too little. You want it to have some effect after all.

Comment

Thanks

Oops,
            gave away my true identity but see how I have changed it. Bette is so much more glam. Thanks Irish, you're a doll,
            B/T

Comment

Yes, as Irish said, you can use it on your lids under your doctor's supervision. But just apply it sparingly in a thin layer... don't slather it on or anything!
              Last edited by SAAG; 25-May-2010, 16:40.

Comment

Thanks

Cheers. I started yesterday.

Comment

Dr Latkany says No to this

I just saw a reply from DR Latkany as to whether I should use the steroid cream recommended by my regular Doc on my eyelids. He says No.

Comment

Working...
                  X