This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alrex experience?

Just curious i was prescribed alrex from my opthamologist. I actually had glaucoma from tobradex overuse sensitivity, but he was confident alrex would not have the same pressure raising. I get my pressure checked monthly now so im not to worried, i also know now what its like when pressure is up.

So far its great for my eyes but i hate the side effects.

Has anyone experienced extreme thirst dehydration? I seen one post online all i could find where a woman reported extreme thirst, as soon as i put it in i feel so dehydrated, but my eyes look great. Unbelievable, i find something helpful and this is what happens. I also dont know if its related to me drinking far more liquids but as of last week i gained 5 pounds. I am drinking alot of liquids, more then typical. Weight gain was listed as 1 in 10,000, i dont even know what they mean by that but it was listed as a rare side effect. How is it these extremely rare side effects usually effect me. Is it just me being unluckey or do these drug companies exaggerate the real amount of people who experience these side effects?

Just curious to hear others experience with this? I think i will stop even though my eyes look great. I dont want to be constantly dehydrated and gaining weight.

Ok so the alrex is working wonders even though im only using it once a day.

I am concerned about the weight gain, its not so much weight gain as im not overweight or anythng, but i am much bigger without any explanable reason. People were asking if im working out and im not. I have always been really skinny, and now my arms and chest seem to be much bigger. My arms barely fit into my tshirts now and I feel somewhat odd.

Can steroid eye drops do this? I did not think they could, but i am extremely sensitive to all medication doctors assumed this was from high metabolism. I have been on it 2 and half weeks now.

Either that or at 26 my body is changing.

I dont know if i should be concerned or not. Does anyone know if once a day eye drops could even do this?

I only found 1 other post online for the stronger lotemax where someone said they gained weight from the steroid.

Comment

There is no way taking Alrex once a day will cause your weight gain. The amount of steroid that reaches your bloodstream is nil. I gained weight when I was 28 . Genes kick in and metabolism slows down. Glad to hear your eyes feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by Eyeproblems View Post
        Ok so the alrex is working wonders even though im only using it once a day.

I am concerned about the weight gain, its not so much weight gain as im not overweight or anythng, but i am much bigger without any explanable reason. People were asking if im working out and im not. I have always been really skinny, and now my arms and chest seem to be much bigger. My arms barely fit into my tshirts now and I feel somewhat odd.

Can steroid eye drops do this? I did not think they could, but i am extremely sensitive to all medication doctors assumed this was from high metabolism. I have been on it 2 and half weeks now.

Either that or at 26 my body is changing.

I dont know if i should be concerned or not. Does anyone know if once a day eye drops could even do this?

I only found 1 other post online for the stronger lotemax where someone said they gained weight from the steroid.
        I gained about 25 pounds right around age 26 as well. It must be a time when the metabolism starts to slow down or something. I was usually about 170 pounds and then I jumped to 195. One thing I noticed was that I was eating more and just wasn't really paying attention to it. Then I started to workout and eat a little less and I dropped the weight pretty quickly.

I don't think it would be from alrex just 1x a day, but it wouldn't hurt to ask your doctor.

Comment

Working...
        X