This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting effect of alcohol on dry eye

I found that when I get drunk, my dry eye is somewhat relieved. It may just be that I am not caring, but I feel the effect of it the next day - my eyes aren't so bad after a night of drinking!

I'm not saying that I or anybody else should start drinking profusely, I am just wondering why that is.

haha...lets see

Alcohol numbs the pain....and you are still drunk the next day? hahahahaha

A
    Originally posted by synes89 View Post
    I found that when I get drunk, my dry eye is somewhat relieved. It may just be that I am not caring, but I feel the effect of it the next day - my eyes aren't so bad after a night of drinking!

I'm not saying that I or anybody else should start drinking profusely, I am just wondering why that is.

Comment

it is like that for me when i take an anti-anxiety med... although both can be 'drying'... i believe that you feel better cause you relax on the alcohol... relaxation is a big deal with dry eye.. the more anxiety and stress i feel that is when my eyes really start to hurt and dry up so bad.. dry mouth too
      Jenny

Comment

my eyes dries out after 3-4 beers, very very painful. can't keep my eyes open, and of course, 100% total red eyes...
        The cure: be open minded

Comment

heh, it may be just that I tend to drink a lot more water those days. As you know correlation does not imply causation, and that may just be the confounding variable.

Sorry, I'm taking a stats class this semester. =P

Comment

I noticed that too! i can even be in a bar with air conditioning and I feel fine. I do believe you pay for it in the next couple of days because it is a diuretic. I really wish they could invent a sustainable pain killing drop, since we are going to have dry eyes regardless. Might as well not have the symptoms.

Comment

does others get the insane 100% total red eyes after some drinks/beers?
              My eyes get so red, that people have said: "wow man, your eyes are on fire, it's like they emit light...
              The cure: be open minded

Comment

When my eyes were at their worst I would love to go out for dinner and have a couple margaritas. All iritation was gone. It totally dulled the stinging/burning. All was well with the world My stress level totally effects my comfort level.

Unfortunately, it made me pack on some lbs. and of course it's not good for you in general, so I stopped.

But yes, it had the same effect on me, but I didn't notice any difference in dryness the next day. Guess I was lucky.

Comment

my eyes are extremely bloodshot after alcohol & are the same the next day! However,the day after that (so 2 days after a drinking session) my eyes seem slightly better. One thing comes to mind is that im sooo hungover the day before that i drink loads of water but also forget to put my drops in on a regular basis. Perhaps i over do it with the drops on a normal day. I don't know exactly,just wish my eyes were white.

Comment

Working...
                  X