This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fungal Eye Infection WARNING

This is probably old news by now to some of you, but today Bausch and Lomb announced that it will stop production of its Renue contact lens solution. There is some significant concern that this product is related to over 100 cases of fungal eye infections since last June. Here is the link to the full story:
    Renue and Fungal Eye Infections
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

This is really scary!!! Before I had lasik I used the regular RENU solution, so when I saw this on the news it freaked me out.

Thanks for providing the website. It had some good info.

Comment

keeping containers clean

I got concerned when I dropped the Genteal cap on the floor. I am ready to throw it out. How do you maintain cleanliness for drops, gels, and ointment containers?

Comment

Originally posted by fernellen
        I got concerned when I dropped the Genteal cap on the floor. I am ready to throw it out. How do you maintain cleanliness for drops, gels, and ointment containers?
        If I have an ... uh, incident like that, I'll typically take a cotton ball that's been moistened with high-strength (>= 91%) isopropyl alcohol and just give the tip/top/? a quick wipe, then let it dry thoroughly. If it's a cap, you could use a Q-tip.

It really depends on state of mind, more than anything else, though. More often than not, I'll just re-cap the product and move on to worrying about something else

Comment

Working...
        X