This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temazepam- more thoughts

I posted about this before, how when I have taken temazepam (benzo) for sleeping, as soon as I take it, my eye pain, burning totally goes away- I can actually open both of my eyes without pain (btw my TBUT right now is 1-2), I've been wearing goggles around the house for the past two months and still have pain even with them on. Very difficult times. So, with my mom here taking care of kids and things, I decided to take a temazepam first thing in the morning to see what happened for me during the day. Results: I didn't get sleepy (felt relaxed, but not close to falling asleep) and immediately IT WAS LIKE I NEVER HAD DRY EYES, NEVER HAD THE BURNING, NEVER HAD THE PAIN. I was in heaven. Truly fascinating. FURTHERMORE, both my eyes seemed to TEAR SO MUCH MORE. My mom was amazed, saying she hadn't seen my eyes so "wet" and bright and healthy looking in ages. (I've never had red eyes, just very dry, burning, intolerant to air and wind....literally have to close my eyes when a person in my house walks by me so as to avoid the slight breeze that will kill my eyes).
    So what is in this drug that does this for me? I know I can't take this drug too often (addictive etc.) Can we find something that would have the same effect but be safe, not addictive, doesn't lose effect over time, doesn't harm the eyes, is safe for driving, etc.? I'm really amazed that this gave me ONE GREAT DAY, haven't had one of those in ages. Thoughts anyone?? Someone would be a millionaire if they figured this out!

Wow. Ya got me. Dry mouth and burning eyes are both listed as potential side effects.

I'm sure somebody here who's pharmacology-savvy may have useful ideas.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-8715...Temazepam+Oral
      Temazepam belongs to a class of medications called sedative/hypnotics. It acts on your brain to produce a calming effect.
      Temazepam is a sedative/hypnotic medication that produces a feeling of calm and well-being. Some people who are sensitive to it can feel euphoria and actually get a "high." It has a powerful effect on the central nervous system and can even cause memory lapses or sleep-walking states (driving, eating, etc., while essentially being asleep).

I am wondering if you are particularly sensitive to this medication and when you take it, you get such a feeling of well-being that your brain does not register the pain you were experiencing. When people feel that good, it is as if they "feel no pain."

If this is the case, you may want to research other (more natural) forms of pain reduction techniques like acupuncture, hypnosis or even psychotherapy. These techniques could be just as effective, but safer and more permanent.

Please be careful with this medication.

Scout

Comment

Originally posted by kanon View Post
        literally have to close my eyes when a person in my house walks by me so as to avoid the slight breeze that will kill my eyes
        I am exactly the same. Air is my enemy. I can't walk across a room without my moisture chambers because I can't stand the air hitting my eyes from my own movement! When I'm in a place where the air is moving/circulating even a little, I look around and wonder why others don't look like they're about to explode and scream, like I am. It's more than annoying.

The best thing for this is moisture chambers, but you have to wear them all the time.

Comment

Rebecca, do you know any pharmacology-savvy people who like the experiment?

Comment

Working...
          X