I suffer from Dry eyes for 2 years now (contact lens use+ computer) and from another chronic and very painful medical condition (Interstitail Cystitis) also with no cure. If have to chose one, I'll say Insterstitial Cystitis is worse than dry eye but before having Interstitial Cystitis, I thought my dry eyes was the worse thing it happened to me ...anyways. On top of it, these two conditions are "invisible" so you look like a complte healthy person althought you may be going throuhg the worse of the sufferings.
Since all of this is fairly new to me I'm starting to accept the fact that no one around me will understand and I just have to take control and do the best to manage the symptoms, and try to put a smile on my face even on bad days and this is hard.
With all this, I've been depressed for a while and my GP has prescribed SSRIs, antidepresants, zoloft and/ or wellbutrin but I've declined. I would LOVE to take it but I'm just so concerned that it'll make my dry eyes worse! Then I'll have to stop them and end up worse????!!!!
I know tryciclic antidepresants can cause dry eye but how wbout the newer: SSRIs???
Again, I'd love to take antidresants I know it'll help me cop with these 2 awful medical conditions, but I don't knwo if that's an option for me....
Any comments? Anyone out there on antidepresants? and which one.