This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopped Anti-Depressants.. Eyes Feel Better

Has anyone been on anti-depressants, stopped taking them and found a positive effect on their dry eye? Most SSRI's don't "officially" list dry eyes as a possible side effect, so I am curious. Just as an experiment, I stopped taking mine for a few days. Could be my imagination, but my eyes felt significantly better. Still dry of course, but much more tolerable. To go from needing drops hourly to now only 3-5 (I actually went over 6 hours the other day!) is very exciting indeed. I wonder though if it is only a temporary reprieve as certain levels in my brain fluctuate. Of course, I will resume the medication until I have consulted my doctor. Seeing as how he recently told me to quadruple the ammount of Lexapro I was taking (I politely refused) I am sure he will advise me to stay with the drugs.

I had the same problem

I was taking Wellbutrin when I first experienced dry eye. On the Wellbutrin website they do not mention specifically dry eye as a side effect, but they do mention dry mouth. I did a little research, and these two side effects usually go hand in hand regarding anti-depressants. Do some Google searches, I'm sure you'll turn up something more tangible, but in general anti-depressants are known to cause dry eye.

Comment

Working...
    X