This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theanine

I like it because you can take it anytime of day and it doesn't make you sleepy, just less stressed and relaxed. Nice to know that your doctor knows about it - my own doctor pretty much knows prescription drugs. He's a great doctor, but not up on natural remedies. I guess they have so much to know that they don't have time for that too.

Comment

Thanks Gaye. I'll look into it. I picked up the "Blood Pressure Control" today. The ingredients don't look strange so I'm going to give it a try. Lately, without my BP meds I seem in good shape. I don't know maybe its just stress induced and takes awhile for it to even out again.
      GOGO

Comment

Blood pressure medicine alternatives

Hello GoGo - please make sure you discuss this with your doctor and monitor your blood pressure often if you stop taking your prescription medicine. I have a friend who had untreated high blood pressure and had a stroke this spring. She is now in kidney failure and is awaiting a transplant. It's a scarey one to fool with. Sometimes just changing the type of medicine can make a difference and your doctor might know of one that has less dry eye side effects.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaye
          Hello GoGo - please make sure you discuss this with your doctor and monitor your blood pressure often if you stop taking your prescription medicine. I have a friend who had untreated high blood pressure and had a stroke this spring. She is now in kidney failure and is awaiting a transplant. It's a scarey one to fool with. Sometimes just changing the type of medicine can make a difference and your doctor might know of one that has less dry eye side effects.
          Gaye I asked Dr. Sall during our telephone conversation. He sees many patients with many different types of BP meds. He said they all react the same. I do agree that everyone is different and may not react, at least to the degree, the same as another med would. Sorry to hear about your friend. It certainly food for thought.
          GOGO

Comment

Blood pressure medication alternative

Hello GoGo - I would love to find an alternative for my blood pressure medicine. Not 100% sure it affects my dry eyes, but I do know it gives me this odd dizzy-off balanced feeling when I wake up each day. I keep thinking that if I exercise more and eat better, or something, I can eventually discontinue it. So far - no such luck.

Glad you talked to your doctor about it.

Gaye

Comment

Working...
            X