This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood pressure med ?...

Does anyone know if changing BP Rx could be causing my ocular rosacea to get worse? My eyes have been drier and much redder (they had been doing really well previously) since starting it. (Our insurance changed and they won't cover the one I've taken for 3 years.)

Any experiences or input would be welcome. Thanks!

Hi,
    If one of the side effects listed for your new med is dry mouth, it probably causes dry eye too .

Comment

Some blood pressure meds act by dilating your blood vessels. It is this dilation that makes the Rosacea, and Migraine headaches worse. You might talk to your doctor about a BP med that reduces blood pressure by some other mechanism.
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Thank you both.

I was afraid it was affecting my eyes negatively.

Kitty - I just checked WebMD and found out this about the one I'm on now(Cozaar):
        "This drug works by blocking the hormone angiotensin thereby relaxing blood vessels, causing them to widen. Losartan belongs to a class of drugs called angiotensin receptor blockers."

Is this what you meant? (I'm assuming so.) I guess I need to talk to him.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X