Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jax...I am a teacher too. My eyes started to get bad last November 3 months after my surgery. I put drops in all the time in class. My 3rd graders constantly ask me if I am crying or why my eyes look like that. But, they are just kids and they have gotten used to me and how I look. Your students will get used to you too. In school, I wear my moisture chamber sometimes when my eyes are bad. I also turn off all the fans when I walk into the room and only turn on one light in my classroom because bright light bothers me. You have to do what you can to make yourself comfortable whatever that may be. My team I teach with understands and yours will too.

Comment

Vivian - I have so been there with Dr's telling me "my eyes are fine" - I think they see you are young and they are "trained" not to look for problems until the patients are after 50. I didn't get the proper diagnosis until after 50 - ugg. I wish I could be there with you to talk to the Dr. I'm sure all of us would like to be there with you to have the Dr. really care and apply his/her knowledge to help you get better. You probably already have a list - but go there with your list of what your symtoms are and what you are doing to try to keep your eyes comfortable. I am always a little worried about drops - could they be making the problem worse? That's just one suggestion. Sorry I don't have anything else but comfort and support for you.
      Eileen

Comment

Jax - I feel for you and send all the good thoughts that I can. Talk to your Dr about your symtoms and what can be done - and if that Dr doesn't know ask for a reference for another Dr. And I agree with the posts above - wear your moisture chamber glasses - do what ever makes your eyes comfortable. I along with everyone else I'm sure go thru trial and error, keep logs to figure out what works and what does not. I have learned so much from this site -more than I have learned in the Dr's office. I've learned too that I am not the only one and there are others that have similar challenges. I agree with other post that a support group would be very good - ask the hospital if they have one. Best to you.
        Eileen

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen510 View Post
          Vivian - I have so been there with Dr's telling me "my eyes are fine" - I think they see you are young and they are "trained" not to look for problems until the patients are after 50. I didn't get the proper diagnosis until after 50 - ugg. I wish I could be there with you to talk to the Dr. I'm sure all of us would like to be there with you to have the Dr. really care and apply his/her knowledge to help you get better. You probably already have a list - but go there with your list of what your symtoms are and what you are doing to try to keep your eyes comfortable. I am always a little worried about drops - could they be making the problem worse? That's just one suggestion. Sorry I don't have anything else but comfort and support for you.
          I use theratears and Flarex(2x a day) right now, Flarex greatly helps with my inflamed veinns but I need to put theratears in at least every 15 mins or they start to dry out/get red again. It's worse when I am at work. My problem is more of a physical appearance rather than pain though :/

I am also on 50 mg of Doxy (2x a day) and I used restasis once a day at night.

Comment

I don't know if this helps anyone, but I had to just quit putting crap in my eyes altogether. I don't know if I'm super sensitive to just about everything, but all drops just seemed to make matters worse. Steroid drops, restasis, preservative free tears...all of it. Just had to stick with cold compresses, super diluted saline, staying hydrated, some fish oil, taking LOTS of computer breaks, and moisture chambers. I have an appointment for the autologous serum blood draw in two weeks, and I'd be super relieved to know that if things got bad during the day I could use a drop that wouldn't irritate. My point is, maybe all this goop we put in our eyes just screws us up even worse and to stick with a course of maybe one treatment at a time might be more effective. As always, check with the doc first. My thoughts are with everyone and I hope your eyes start to get better soon!!

Comment

Working...
            X