lasik follow up 6 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lasik follow up 6 months

Well, I saw my surgeon for the last time today. He's retiring, but they are still following my care until I get better. My tear meniscus is better, no staining, my subjective TBUT is low b/c I could hardly keep my eyes open for all the scans and stuff.

Kudos to my other opth. for "perfectly placed" silicone plugs. But sadly they are not doing much. He said I could go back on Doxy and again drove home the concept that nerves are just starting to kick back in between 3 - 6 months.

As for my vision? Slightly overcorrected, but almost neglible b/c I can't tell much difference on the refraction between plano and +.25. The starbursts persist and he said I'm having symptoms from HOAs not anything irregular on my corneal topography. And he stressed tear film's role in making them worse right now.

Not a terribly enlightening visit -- but at least I didn't cry. And he was pragmatic about what I might have to accept and what I can still work on.

So I might try temp. collagen upper plugs. Anyone have this combo? silicone lowers and collagen uppers?

Thanks,
    Laura

Uppers

I think that uppers would be a good next option for you Laura. I have been double plugged myself without much success but I am a Sjogrens patient so thats normal for us. But I think for u it makes perfect sense and may help alot.
    If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

Comment

I had perm plugs in the lowers and a collagen in one of the uppers. The collagen ones don't occlude the duct for me as well as the permanent plug. I had a very positive result within minutes of them putting a permanent in the upper. I don't have any in the other upper as that eye is quite mild almost all the time and the lower seems to be enough in that eye. The permanents do a better job of occluding because of the mushroom shaped top. I have very large tear ducts.

Comment

Working...
      X