Atlanta Braves All-Star Player Out w/ LASIK Dry Eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta Braves All-Star Player Out w/ LASIK Dry Eye

Thought you all might be interested in this. McCann is a great player, arguably the best catcher in baseball, and making millions per year, but currently sidelined with post-refractive dry-eye syndrome. I feel for the guy, seriously. Not a happy place to be...

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...ccann_eye.html
    Last edited by Erik; 21-Apr-2009, 10:56. Reason: spelling error

I'm glad to hear it coming to light. The dryness part anyways. I wonder if he is in pain. How are you these days?? Still doing well I hope!

Comment

Wow, I really hope everyone gets to hear this story.

Its very much sounds like he is having recurrent cornea erosions, and if he is then he is in terrible pain. I can't belief they are considering more Lasik.

I wish him the best, and that he may act as a warning to others.

Bernadette

Comment

It sounds like he is using Azasite.

I, too, am surprised that they are mentioning "more Lasik." Of course, it says he didn't have any problems last year (his surgery was in 2007?).

And then there were the Lasik ads at the bottom of the page....

Comment

I hate to say this but if he gets more lasik in that eye he will most likely be screwed for life.

This industry needs a big wake up call. I feel for him he is so misled.

Comment

I'm jealous a bit by how his ophthalmologists will be trying everything and monitoring him closely. Kinda feels like every patient should have this experience.

But yeah, how would more LASIK help?

Comment

Working...
            X