Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new redness reducing eye drops with no rebound!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found this site which has an article that mentions a Dr. Bloomenstein who already uses diluted brimonidine for his red eye patients (http://www.reviewofoptometry.com/con...y_eye/c/52471/ about 2/3 of the way down the page). I'm not sure how he does this in regard to mixing and getting to patients via prescription. I contacted his office but was given no answers from their receptionist.

Comment

Great find Ktennies. Will check this out soon.

Comment

The Alphagen has been working great. Again, I use it sparingly. It lasts for about 5-6 hours for me (a good evening out). I also just tried "Manual Lymphatic Drainage Visceral Manipulation" (Lymphatic Massage) with a therapists in Denver. It actually seemed to help but I'm not sure yet about the placebo effect. I'm going to go to her again and see results.

Comment

Dr. Forstot in Denver, CO prescribed the Alphagan. Note that insurance will not pay for it since I don't have glaucoma. Its not cheap.

Comment

My uncle who is an ophthalmologist, stated that Luminesse seems to be coming out closer to the end of the 2016. I hope he's wrong and it comes out summer 2016.

Comment

Hi everyone, can anybody provide an update on the trials or when we can expect these to be available in the market?

Ive tried contacting them via LinkedIn but no response as yet

Comment

I want to understand better. This eye drops it's really a great news? the active ingredient, it's always a vasoconstrictor but that it's more diluted. brimonidine.
                during the testing phase of this new eye drops,it has been established that there is no rebound effect? it's sure 100%?
                I would use this every day if it's possible.even 2 times a day.
                I hope that experiments explain the results
                please reply

Comment

hi, i have some worries about this eye drop. what was once a promising drop for a lot of us, i wonder if something happened or if they were denied fda approval. i've been following the development of this drop religiously and for the longest time, it was mentioned in all the valeant company reports and was on the valeant website under pipeline products. i've noticed the last few company reports, there is no mention of the brimonidine drop. last week, i checked the company website and the product is no longer listed under "pipeline". i know it wasn't approved by the fda because approvals are public but rejections are not public and i wonder if it was rejected. i am starting to lose hope in the arrival to market of this drop. anyone with any thoughts or ideas, please share.

Comment

http://www.valeant.com/about/key-facts

here's the pipeline link.

Comment

Superdryguy.

http://www.valeant.com/operational-e...tates/pipeline

Its in their pipeline and i see it saying 2017 now instead of 2016.

I think we're good. Just one more year or two.

Comment

I've started using Briminodine eye drops. I diluted my own solution with regular eye drops to 0.025% and it works extremely well. My eyes are near perfect for most of the day with no rebound. It's been only two weeks. I've tried to find studies pertaining to safety, and from what I can see I'm not finding any negative repercussions. Are there any negative side effects observed by using this over extended periods of time in the literature?

Comment

Raven Great news!
                          Can you provide details on how you created the drop?

Comment

I got a 3ml bottle of Briminodine at 0.15% from my doctor. I told her what I was planning to do, and she was on board.
                            To dilute this to 0.025%, you have to add 15ml of some carrier. I just used Refresh Tears, giving a total of 18ml

Or use this formula
                            C_1*V_1=C_2*V_2

where C_1 = 0.15%; V_1 = 3ml
                            Set C_2 = 0.025%; Solve for V_2.

My V_2 came out to be 18mL. Therefore 18mL-3mL = 15mL, giving me the amount of Refresh Tears I had to add. Luckily the bottle I bought was already exactly 15mL, so I just had to dump all my briminodine into that same container, and it worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Raven93 View Post
                              I've started using Briminodine eye drops. I diluted my own solution with regular eye drops to 0.025% and it works extremely well. My eyes are near perfect for most of the day with no rebound. It's been only two weeks. I've tried to find studies pertaining to safety, and from what I can see I'm not finding any negative repercussions. Are there any negative side effects observed by using this over extended periods of time in the literature?
                              dear raven93 thanks!
                              this is a great news!
                              I follow this thread for some years,and finally someone has tried these drops.
                              I write from Italy.
                              it seems difficult to do yourself this eye drops but I ask you something.
                              my eyes turn white with only vasoconstrictor but the next day my eyes are blood red!
                              Also you had the blood red eyes after using vasoconstrictors?Now using brimodine 0.15% you have no more rebound effect?
                              I pray every week to give an update of everything known in your eyes!!!!!!
                              Thank you with all my heart

Comment

Originally posted by Raven93 View Post
                                I got a 3ml bottle of Briminodine at 0.15% from my doctor. I told her what I was planning to do, and she was on board.
                                To dilute this to 0.025%, you have to add 15ml of some carrier. I just used Refresh Tears, giving a total of 18ml

Or use this formula
                                C_1*V_1=C_2*V_2

where C_1 = 0.15%; V_1 = 3ml
                                Set C_2 = 0.025%; Solve for V_2.

My V_2 came out to be 18mL. Therefore 18mL-3mL = 15mL, giving me the amount of Refresh Tears I had to add. Luckily the bottle I bought was already exactly 15mL, so I just had to dump all my briminodine into that same container, and it worked out.
                                in this days.......every how many hours you put this drop in your eyes?
                                for how times you eyes are white?
                                thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X