Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

upper eyelid "Sweep"...Anyone have this?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upper eyelid "Sweep"...Anyone have this?

A young female doc at an NYC eye clinic took a long Q-tip, soaked it in a few drops of something, and sweeped inside my upper eyelid to remove a piece of debris that flew into my right eye on a really windy day 2 years ago. Anyone have an idea of what she may have used? I have that long Q-tip plus some Unisol and ocufresh saline eye wash in my house but not sure if they're good to do the "sweep" thing? I saw an eyelash close to my upper lid border on my left eye, but couldn't quite grab it. I want to try the "sweep" technique she did!

I use my Systane eyedrops to wet the qtip. They are kind of gooey so they seem to pick up the thing you're trying to sweep out. I have used any drops or wetting agent I have if I'm out of Systane. It just seems to work the best. Sometimes I'm surprised at the gunk I sweep out but it really does work well for me. Be very gentle so as not to scrape the inner eyelid.

lynda

Comment

hmmmm

systane...might try it for a sweep. I HATED it as an eyedrop since it would crust my lashes up and be messy when I woke up. Will it crust when I use it as a sweep? Which systane formula are you using? I saw regular and preservative free in stores I think.

Comment

I use the preservative free but I don't think it would matter. I just like the slightly gooey texture for "sweeping" since the goo seems to attract whatever is up under my lids. As for the crustiness, I just splash water on my eyes and dry them. That seems to get the systane off before it can dry and get crusty.

Comment

another "Sweep" question..

sorry for being annoying (lol), but I was just curious if you ever had the little cotton threads from the swab stuck in your eye when sweeping under the lids a few times or does that only apply if you don't wet it with anything (systane,unisol,etc)?

Thanks for replying!

Comment

Working...
          X