Swollen Eyelids, Inflamation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swollen Eyelids, Inflamation

So almost 4 years post lasik and no improvement at all in dry eye. Tried all the usual suspects from sclerals to fish oil. One common theme I notice pretty much every morning is that my eyelids (particularly the upper lids) are puffy and swollen.

This obviously cannot be good for the oil and tear passages, they must be squeazed restricting any flow. So I need to put drops in several times a night and its miserable. I wake up with tired raw eyes, a hot shower typically helps a little but I feel like the bad night's sleep sets the tone for the day and I never really recover, a vicious cycle.

I am taking 100mg doxy (about 3 months now) that doesnt seem to help at all. I also take fish oil, and a multi-vitamin. I got tested for alergies and have mild cat alergy, although I have had the same symptoms before I had a cat.

Does anyone else have puffy eyelids upon waking, any remedies or ideas on what might be causing it. Any help would be much apprectiated

Suggestions for puffy eyelids
    - Garnier eyelid roller - available in cosmetics area of drugstores and WalMart - it has a thin liquid that you roll onto the lid and it does help reduce puffiness
    - Take NSAId such as Ibuprofen or Aleve
    - Use cool compress - wet washcloth with cool water and put it over your eyelids when laying down

Comment

azasite is good, expensive as hell though

Comment

I have tried Azasite, burned very badly with no noticeable improvement, even just rubbing on the lids. I will give the the eyelid roller a shot and the cool compresses too.

Comment

Hi,

yep i get the same, i have noticed alot of purple viens and i have some tangleseicia, so if its not allergies id suggest rosacea.. big cause of MGD
          I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Sazy, I suspect rosacea too, just don't know what to do about it, I take 100mg Doxy currently.

I don't want to jinx anything but the past 3 days have been better than usual, I would say 65% of perfect, compared to 35% or so.

I didn't know what the Garnier eye roller was but somehow found one in the pharmacy. I started this the same day I started using Dwelle at night. So it could be the combo or just one of them helping out. The burning has gone down somewhat which is very welcome.

Are you only supposed to use Dwelle at night or as needed?

Comment

Working...
            X