rosacea and mgd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: ocular rosacea

I hate to admit that I was kinda happy when my ophthalmologist told me that she has (mild) ocular rosacea

Comment

ocular rosacea without a doubt, never been diagnosed. But now its even more ovbious because i have got vessles on the outer eylids getting worse and my left eye is dryer ever since it happened, after i did a hot compress... dont use hot compresses with OR!! I never use them but decided to one day after advise from dr asile, and i think it ruined my life (again). My left eye is now unbearbley dry.

There is no decent treatment for ocular rosacea inside the eye, IPl helps but only targets vessles on the outer skin of the eyelid.
      I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

dr toyos told me warm compresses are pointless for 99% of dry eye patients. and who woulda guessed that lol

Comment

I was diagnosed with ocular rosacea (though who knows if I really have it), and warm compresses do help me. My eyes get markedly worse when I stop doing them. I tried doing cool compresses instead based on what Dr. Latkany has said on here and in his book, but they made my eyes feel worse.

Comment

I have now been on the Oracea(5 weeks),Noritate since February and I just recently had one of the worst flares ever!!Considering the derm said my face looked good when I started the treatment and now my nose is oily(never was before)and I'm getting blemishes(also new).

Has anyone worsened while being treated with this combination?

Also my Opthamologist has me on AzaSite(applied only to my lids)at bedtime and doesn't want to see me for 6 months!!!!!!!!He is my 3rd Opthamologist and the only one who confirmed my ocular rosacea(besides Dr.L)and he wants me to go another agonizing 6 months when it is hard enough to make it through the day during a flare?Doesn't this condition worsen if left untreated?

I am recently calming down from one of the worst flares I've had since last year when they had me doing very warm compresses!

What is the best way to calm a flare?I usually have to go to bed,keep my eyes closed and take Motrin and sometimes it passes,sometimes not.

This is an awesome board for all of us but it seems the doctors need to be informed of this site so they can see what suffering is occuring to us all and maybe they wouldn't blow us off!!!!

I am grateful to god I have lived 61 years before this hit me and my heart aches for all of you.

I always thought Doctors were special caring people who wanted to help patients(and I'm sure many are)but all I have found(except Dr.L)haven't got a clue and don't want to deal with us.

I get irate when I read articles that warn ocular rosacea can be very serious if left untreated,well how are we to get treatment?

Anyone know of an Opthamologist who specializes in ocular rosacea in Syracuse,NY area? Best to ALL!

Comment

I feel very frustrated with the lack of treatment help that I am able to receive locally. I was in the midst of my worst time when I initially flew to NY and saw Dr. Latkany. His suggestion to stop drops and do cool compresses instead of warm really helped to bring down the redness and inflammation, but I am still experiencing burning and dryness and feel like I need to try some other things.

My local docs (I have seen three in addition to Dr. L) don't believe I have ocular rosacea and keep pushing me towards otc artificial tears and warm compresses.

I communicate via email with Dr. L, but I don't have the money to fly out for my second appointment.

Because of all the positive feedback about Dr. Holly's drops, I just started FreshKote. It is too soon to tell, but I am hoping that I will experience positive effects without having a flare.

Comment

Dr. Toyos thinks of IPL as "the world's most effective hot compress." That should give you some insight to his feelings about them. He understands heat is needed to melt meibum.

Comment

hmmmm chemia im glad it works for you! im guessing dr toyos meant the typical warm compresses arent that effective for long term relief. back when i started warm compresses, they helped for a while, but as i got worse symptomatically they began to cause insanely horrible flares

as for ocular rosacea, i have no signs or symptoms of it anywhere on my face...and my eyes are never red. however under slit lamp, you can see obvious signs of rosacea telegenesticas where my glands are. i do have some small telegensticas on my outer eyelid as well that hit my eyelid margin, and those are prob contributing to the problem

Comment

Im wondering if IPL works on the veins..not that its hot

I get facial treatments on my face...IPL to get rid on sun damage and broken capillaries...So im wondering if its not really the heat that is helping but getting rid of the red veins that causes inflamation and the pain we feel??? The heat is only secondary and it helps express your plugged oil glands.

Comment

suppose to be a double action mechanism, regina. IPL acts as a super warm compress to get more oll into the eye after the intense gland expressions. but the idea is also to heal the root cause

Comment

Working...
                      X