Ipl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipl

Hey guys, I just got back from my second IPL with dr t, definitely less painful than the first. He said im looking good, 50 % are unblocked now. I had days when I completely forget about my eyes, so thats good. Going from a near suicide to just being a little uncomfortable or none at all. I find myself annoyed just at the fact that I have to wear glasses (god I hate them), and then I realize my eyes are not bothering me at all.

I asked dr. t if i could wear contacts again and he said maybe, he told me i could always get lasik and i said NO THANKS. Do u guys know anything about those intra ocular lenses??

If u have rosacea related mgd, you have to at least try this!! I just spent an hour at walmart and completely completely forgot about my eyes.

Originally posted by moni View Post
    Hey guys, I just got back from my second IPL with dr t, definitely less painful than the first. He said im looking good, 50 % are unblocked now. I had days when I completely forget about my eyes, so thats good. Going from a near suicide to just being a little uncomfortable or none at all.
    Thats GREAT NEWS. I dunno why but I do feel happy that at least SOMEONE has got longer lasting relief. Good on ya. Some days I still feel suicidal too.

I find myself annoyed just at the fact that I have to wear glasses (god I hate them), and then I realize my eyes are not bothering me at all.
    I'd do with wearing glasses all the time rather than wearing contacts and risking getting messed up again. Consider yourself very lucky!

I asked dr. t if i could wear contacts again and he said maybe, he told me i could always get lasik and i said NO THANKS. Do u guys know anything about those intra ocular lenses??
    You mean like implantable contact lenses? Well its still some sort of surgery, which I'm normally against, but AFAIK they don't 'burn off' any part of your eye but they just add a appropriately fitted lenses. might wanna do some more homework on that first (let us know the findings too, cause I'm interested in this area)

If u have rosacea related mgd, you have to at least try this!! I just spent an hour at walmart and completely completely forgot about my eyes.
    Is there anyone doing IPL treatment outside of the United States? I'd love to know

Regards
    Arj

Comment

Another IPL Success Here

Moni -

That is great news. It is so terrific to go into a previously hostile environment and not even think about it. I went skiing 23 times this winter after being unable to even stand the dry altitude just being in Lake Tahoe the season prior.

For those of you interested, my IPL success story is here:
      http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?t=10363

There are more and more folks having improvement with IPL. It seems to really help those of use with Ocular Rosacea/MGD.

Regards,
      Gretchen

Comment

Congratulations Moni for the success of treatment, I hope that your eyes stay healthy as long as possible =) do not forget to go in upgrading as you go along in the treatment ... I am very happy when I read that someone healed and praying for my time is also ...

hahahaha
        it's funny how things that seem stupid to the others saw great things for us that we have dry eye

1 year ago I have been dreaming of walking in walmart without remembering my eyes

GRETCHEN, I just talk about you a topic of IPL ... How are your eyes? How long did the last IPL treatment? Feel no more pain?
        Let me take as you have a great knowledge about dry eye ... Do you know if the IPL gives a good result for evaporative dry eye (lipid layer?) Even when it produces little tear (10mm and 5mm in test schimmer)?
        Thanks for your attention =)

Comment

Thanks! I find myself complaining about everything else except my eyes.. is a wonderful feeling! ... They just bother me when i wake up, when i press them and i lean against the mirror I see a little liquid. God If only I could wear my contacts again everything would be perfect.

Dr. T told me a lot of people from South america fly up there to see him! ..
          What is the cause of ur mgd?

Beijos!

Comment

The cause is LASIK surgery ...

Unfortunately I do not have enough money to fly to the USA = (

I'm trying to get some ophthalmologists from Brazil is interested in technique. If anyone is interested I'll do an IPL for facial skin and if I can expect an improvement in dry eye.
            I am really happy to read that several people are managing to control symptoms with this treatment.

Moni, remember to keep us informed about your progress. I do not know how often you access the site, so I am sending my personal email in a private message to you. Feel free to send messages telling the story or treatment. To me it is very encouraging follow the stories of successful who can control their symptoms. =)

You were the first person who answered me in this forum. I think it's because of my bad English ... lol

Kisses, hope you keep well ...

Comment

Ok, that sucks that lasik gave you mgd.. Im doing better, I feel more like myself everyday, I dont know how to explain. The only time my eyes get bad is during my cycle.. must be decreased hormones that thicken the mgs.

Andre meanwhile really try to eat as much flaxseed oil as you can.. It really speeds up healing. Are u on antibiotics? My derm has me on oracea which doesnt have the antibiotic dose but antiinflammatory.. so we'll see. I don know if I should continue IPL with toyos or dr yee... i dont have a spare thousand bucks to go to memphis (hotel, flight, etc..)

Comment

Moni -

How funny - my less good days are before my cycle as well...

Anyway, go to Dr Yee in Houston. Dr Toyos is great, but for your location go to Dr Yee. He is a very nice man, and has a real interest in dry eye and this procedure.

Gretchen

Comment

I have the same problem. The days during my cycle and right after our the worst for me - yet tolerable.

I have an IPL session tomorrow for my face. Even though I have not done the eye area specifically, I do believe that this has helped me tremendously.

I am 4 1/2 months without any drops now.

Praise the Lord!
                  Melissa
                  pianolady

Comment

Do not stop treatment even if it is expensive, I think that compensates for the relief that it probably provides.

Yes, flaxseed oil and omega 3 are already part of my diet for some time.
                    Glasses with eye drops and protection (FreshTears Gel) has been quite helpful against pain and redness.
                    My ophthalmologist indicated doxycycline, but do not know if it helped anything.

This month I'll be back in another ophthalmologist to insert punctal plugs.

I am seriously considering doing an IPL treatment for the face to see if I can any good result to my eyes.

Moni, you know the machine you used in your IPL? Dr. Toyos if I remember correctly uses the Quadra Q4 Dermamed. Chelsea Eye, from what I saw in the video, use another machine.
                    I need to figure out what type of configuration that ophthalmologists use the machine to achieve a satisfactory result for the eyes.

Comment

I forgot to ask. Dr. does some cleaning procedure on the edge of the eyelids after the IPL? Or just the light and ready?

Comment

He does eyelid expression (probably the most painful thing I have experienced in my life) hahaa.. but the second wasnt so bad. I have no idea what machine he uses, but mine was one of the lowest settings because I didnt want to mess up my face andI was responding fast.

I think Im gonna have to do it with dr yee, is just that i heard he doesnt do the same thing toyos does so I dont know

I am so scared... Im awaiting the test results from my endo, hopefully everything is fine. All my body broke down at the same time. =(, and I think im gonna need to get back to antidepressants to survive this trauma.

This rosacea thing is so mysterious. Everyone on the rosacea forum has another illness..
                        Last edited by moni; 24-Apr-2010, 21:02.

Comment

Moni -

Not everyone with Rosacea has "another" illness. In fact, it is VERY common. The Rosacea forum can be a bit extreme so please take the posts there with a grain of salt.

And Dr Yee does the same procedure as Dr Toyos. He is trained by Dr Toyos and has the exact same machine.

Stay positive.
                          Gretchen

Comment

What is IPL?
                            *I just would like to add the disclaimer that I do not suffer from dry eye myself; my service dog does. I want to stay up on treatments, and offer support to others!

Comment

ok i just made the appointment with Dr. Yee. I talked to his assistant and she told me is $400 for the laser JUST AROUND THE EYES. they dont do whole face like toyos. And he also doesnt do the gland expression, he just lasers and leaves... =S

Hopefully is not a waste of money!

And lin IPL is laser in your face.

Comment

Working...
                              X