Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jenny, I'm confused too. It would be helpful to have someone explain how this is new and different and what it is supposed to do for MGD.

Comment

nevermind
      Last edited by magoo; 30-Sep-2010, 09:08. Reason: confusion

Comment

ok thanks.. so it probably doesnt do anything to "keep" the glands open--just puts more oil onto the eye.. too much to hope for huh???
        i know my doc wants me to wait til the preservative free form comes out.. i guess just like systane ultra they are going to make the balance in the vials as well... i used to like the systane ultra but i have gone back to my old standby of refresh drops-PF vials...

Please anyone on here that is using the new Systane Balance keep us posted and let us know how or if it helps with MGD. thanks!!!
        Jenny

Comment

my experience...

dwelle is much better . i ran out of dwelle for one day and had to use systane, and i felt a huge difference in pain during that day. to my eyes systane just felt like a weak version of dwelle

Comment

I used it for a few days, but I didn't like it very much.

For most drops, when the liquid hits my eye, it is a very painful cold wet sensation that I cannot stand. This drop, however, was not too bad upon instillation. However, like every other drop I've tried, about 5 minutes after instillation, the "residue" of the drop creates so a lot of burning and irritation for the surface of my inner eyelid, making my eye pain even worse.

So, in the end I don't think this drop is any better than any other lubricant I"ve tried. I quit drops not only because they are ineffective, but they create more pain for me.

Comment

I like them.

I have had Lasik induced dry eye syndrome for about 5 years now. I have tried just about every drop on the market since. These new drops are possibly the best I've ever used. I only use these 1-4 times a day and I think they do a good job without any blurring or irritation. Not a miracle cure for dry eye, but still my favorite eyedrop so far. I will say I like them much better than Dwelle.

Comment

I picked up a bottle today and will give it a try.

I do agree with Jenny and do not like using drops with preservatives, but if it reduces my need for artificial tears it is worth it.

I have the classic MGD symptoms and will give my feedback in a week.

Comment

Preservative

Originally posted by RobLIC View Post
                  Duane Reade in NYC started carrying Systane Balance last week. They went for more of a blue than a green with the packaging. There's a preservative listed - not BAK, don't remember what it was tho.
                  The preservative, Polyquaternium -1 is a cationic (positively charged) polymer that has anti-microbial properties. According to the label, it is used at a concentration of 10 ppm.

This molecule is used in many formulations, including ophthalmics.

http://www.chemicalbook.com/ProductC...4966034_EN.htm

Comment

I wouldn't try anything that isn't preservative FREE !!! PERIOD ..Yesterday i visited a good doctor who recommended me REFRESH OPTIVE® Advanced Preservative-Free http://www.allergan.com/products/eye...ative_free.htm

he told works better the Systane Balance or anything else for MGD ..well i like it !!!
                    Just to let you know i have non to do with this drug compony i am Pet Lover and Trainer :} her is my site.http://russiandogwizard.info

Comment

I've tried Systane Balance - does nothing and don't like it. Prefer FreshKote.

Comment

It just goes to show you that we are all different and our eyes have different needs. FreshKote was horrible for me (it caused redness, irritation, etc.), Systane Balance didn't help at all, but I love REFRESH OPTIVE® Advanced Preservative-Free and have been using it for at least 6 months now.

Comment

Working...
                        X