MGD relief that works for me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greeneyes View Post
    Here's a link to the findings of an international conference on MGD, held earlier this year. It covers a wide range of possible causes, dispels a few misunderstandings and explains the subtle differences between the many conditions lumped together under the heading of MGD.

http://www.iovs.org/content/52/4/1938/F6.expansion.html
    Thanks greeneyes, great link, I had been trying to find out more about MGD, a lot of detailed information here!

Comment

Originally posted by y-gwair View Post
      Thanks greeneyes, great link, I had been trying to find out more about MGD, a lot of detailed information here!
      y-gwair, glad that helped. 'Knowledge is power', as someone said. Hope you can narrow down what's causing your problem and fix it.

Comment

The diagrams on how the glands clog up were very interesting, I hadn't realised that it's the back flow/increased internal pressure that causes the blocked glands to atrophy, or quite how far back the mg's extend along the upper eyelid, makes me realise how important it is to express the gland along it's whole length.

Comment

I just tried the Barleans Omega Swirl fish oil (Mango/Peach) and had to post because WOW, it actually tastes good. I'd actually intended to buy the flax oil but they were side by side on the fridge shelf in the store and I picked up the wrong one. Now have to go back and get the flax one. Sure hope it helps. Glad you guys mentioned these or I'd never have known. Thanks. -Mary

Comment

I've been taking flaxseeed oil in capsule form for a few months now. They might be helping a bit, but my main problem is that flaxseed oil makes my skin sooo oily. I live in a hot and humid climate, and since I started taking the oil I have to blot almost every hour. I've completely given up on makeup. It just slides off. But I'll stick with my regimen for now.

Comment

Working...
            X