This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about rosacea, flushing & red eyes

Last night I had a nasty bout of rosacea flushing - something I've not experienced for quite a while. It was kind of predictable, in hindsight - central heating on, cooking dinner with oven on and stir-frying veg with lots of chili & chili sauce. Combine that with feeling stressed and -BAM! beetroot red face all evening.

Anyway, what I noticed is that my eyes also went noticeably red during the flush, although they weren't sore and didn't feel any drier than usual. Also, they never used to go red during flushes - and I have had rosacea for about 12 years.

So - my question is, are red eyes due to the red, flushed, face? (ie the whites of the eyes are also 'flushing'). It did happen pretty instantaneously. OR - could it have been irritation from the chili flakes in the atmosphere??

I spent most of last night under cold compresses feeling very stupid and upset. Winter is usually worse for me in terms of bouts of flushing (I can't regulate my temperature at all well, esp with heating on) and I fear this happening more frequently and affecting my eyes.
Working...
X