Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYer
    replied
    That thing has been around for a long time and I have long suspected that it's nonsense...and I haven't ordered it.

Leave a comment:

• HOSADOS
    replied
    I found a product of Occular Rosacea see my post
    http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showp...6&postcount=20

I admit I didn't review and have no idea what that is or does of it's worth trying.

Leave a comment:

• curlygrl31
    replied
    Right there with you on the patch testing -- just went through it myself this past week in the heat of summer (I feel ya, skygoddess!). Next step is to do the patch testing on my back of all my products (including eyedrops, makeup, etc.). I know from the normal patch testing that I am allergic to cobalt & nickel, but that hasn't helped to explain why I always get red eyeballs when I put in presev-free lubricating drops or Restasis... so need more specific patch testing for that. Personally, I found that for my ocular rosacea, stopping all drops has helped me. Not as much redness (still dry). It is trial and error for each one of us. But, I feel I am on to something with the allergy route (even though I don't have itching).

curly

Leave a comment:

• NYer
    replied
    Hey, the most important man in MY life is George Clooney. I don't know why, I just wanted to say that!

Maybe you can suggest to your dermo that he speaks to your eye doc on the phone or vice versa. Some of them will do that (the good ones).

Leave a comment:

• brd888
    replied
    Originally posted by skygoddess View Post
    The frustrating part of rosacea is the disconnect between the two most important men in my life these days,
    my Opthamologist and Dermatologist.
    I have one disease, but Dr's specialize so much , they only treat half of me at a time.
    I suppose we need a Dermophthalmologist or a Blephologist?
    Neither phrase gives much on Google

Leave a comment:

• skygoddess
    replied
    Hi,
    He said the milk was an astringent. The ratio was equal parts.
    My entire back is taped with contact allergy patches.
    I can't bathe or sweat for a week. Not a pretty sight for August in Atlanta. Or smell for that matter!

I am trying to rule out any contributing factors for the inflammation on my lids.

The frustrating part of rosacea is the disconnect between the two most important men in my life these days,
    my Opthamologist and Dermatologist.
    I have one disease, but Dr's specialize so much , they only treat half of me at a time.

Leave a comment:

• NYer
    replied
    Hi Sky!
    Did he say why milk? Also, did he say if there is any particular ratio of milk to water and ice in that mixture?
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• skygoddess
    replied
    I just back from a new Dermatologist,
    He suggested a milk , water , ice , mixture for compresses.
    He is supposed to be one of the best, my current Dermatologist referred me to him.
    I am giving it a try, I'll let you know if it helps my rosacea.

Leave a comment:

• NYer
    started a topic Ocular Rosacea

Ocular Rosacea

I saw Dr. Latkany the other day and I asked him some questions that have been puzzling a number of us on here lately regarding rosacea. It's very difficult to find much info online regarding ocular rosacea - it always ends up being an explanation of facial rosacea.
    According to Dr. L:
    1. EVERYONE who has facial rosacea has ocular rosacea. Just some people have a higher level of inflamation
    2. Ocular rosacea is an inflamation of the eyelids as well as the eyeballs.
    3. Ocular rosacea doesn't directly cause dry eyes. It does, however, directly cause MGD. MGD causes dry eyes.
    4. There is no cure for rosacea. Our intent should be to get it under control.
    5. Doing your best to prevent flare-ups of facial rosacea should help keep ocular flare-ups under control, too.
    6. Hot compresses are not good for rosacea. Warm is OK but the best option is to let the water in the shower hit your face and do the lid massages (expressing the oil glands) right after your shower.
    7. Cold compresses are fine as often as you need them. Not ice cold. Just cold. Ice cold can aggravate rosacea, too.

More than this I can't tell you. I'm suffering from both facial and ocular rosacea problems currently. Just wanted to pass along the answers I got.
Working...
X