This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

excellent post, one addition

Thanks for going into great detail on your experience. Very helpful.

I wanted to add that I have had MGD my entire life, and the one thing that really helped me was Lacrisert. It is like a Celluvisc repository for your eye. Some peoples eyes hold them and some don't(they pop out). They stay in my eyes from dawn until dusk at which point they are very small and mostly gone.

I feel like the pain from bleph. for me comes:

1) from the grinding/inflammation caused by the buildup that is mostly washed away by the lid scrubs.
    2) from the tears evaporating so quickly because there is no oil keeping them from evaporating

Number 2 is much worse for people that spend a lot of time outside. I couldn't spend significant time outside without Lacrisert. Since I started using them in 2004 I've been to the saltiest, warmest, windiest, glaring sun tropical islands to surf, and it is fine. Without the Lacrisert I couldn't do that. Surf trips used to be so painful.

I know it looks like I'm trying to sell them. This is my post from when I first started using them nearly 10 years ago:
    https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...al/HmthDSyT7gU

You know how Celluvisc matts up on the eyelids and causes irritation? Lacrisert doesn't ever get that thick on the eyes. If you sleep without taking the remnant out it will do that a little, but it isn't a big problem.

For some history they used to cost about $50/month supply. The company was sold and now they are about $200. Hopefully that will change. It has been that price now for about 5 years.

Questions? Post and hopefully I will get notified.

I had to discover these things for myself. NO eye doctor I ever went to had knowledge of them. I found them and "self prescribed". Best thing I ever did for myself.

Thanks again for the great post.

Any serious questions call me: SF area code: 868-5103

Comment

Working...
    X