Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures of my eyes - what is your assessment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of my eyes - what is your assessment?

It's not the greatest camera in the world, so some details are a little blurry. The background on my situation is that I have had many doctors tell me many different and conflicting things - from blepharitis to nothing wrong whatsoever. My eyes haven't changed in apperance since I first noticed dry eye symptoms about 2 years ago, and eye drops provide no pain relief whatsoever.

In the first picture, notice the redness of the caruncle (is this what it is called, the red blob in the corner?). It is supposed to be a soft pink colour, although here we can see it is a dark red. It is this colour as soon as I wake up, and will change from pink to red throughout the day depending on what I am doing. If I have been watching TV for a hour, it will be red, but if I have had my eyes shut for about 30mins, it will usually revert back to pink.

How might you explain this, and from looking at the picture, how would you diagnose my condition?

In the second picture, I have circled one of these small lumps I often get on my eyelids. I have never popped one, although I have come into contact with them when doing lid-scrubs but they seem quite tough and would require force to burst.

Any theories as to what these lumps are and what I should be doing with them?

Thanks for reading

Hey,

The lumps are most certainly blocked MG's, which produce the oil layer of tear film.

With regards to your caruncle i get the same thing, when eyes are bad they are ussualy red, and i put it down to either ocular rosacea/allergies or both. Dry eye could be making eye allergies worse or the other way round. Im still trying to figure this out, having eyes shut and it going back to pink to me sounds like allergies are in the picture.
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Originally posted by sazy123 View Post
      Hey,

The lumps are most certainly blocked MG's, which produce the oil layer of tear film.

With regards to your caruncle i get the same thing, when eyes are bad they are ussualy red, and i put it down to either ocular rosacea/allergies or both. Dry eye could be making eye allergies worse or the other way round. Im still trying to figure this out, having eyes shut and it going back to pink to me sounds like allergies are in the picture.
      Thanks for your input sazy, after many doctors not being able to find anything wrong with my eye itself, I have began wondering if allergies are to blame. Is there any useful info on the web about how to go about being tested for allergies in the UK?

Does anyone else have a different opinion?

Comment

your eyes

Your eyes look great - guess I am missing the boat - you have beautiful blue eyes

Comment

I thought so too. Lucy
          Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Pretty Eyes but look allergic!

Hi there, I am new to this site and you do have pretty eyes but they do look a bit irritated and dark circles underneath can mean allergies of some kind. I have dry eyes but with now real reason at this point and after going to my eye Dr. for minimal relief I hooked up with a homeopathic/botanical person and am having great success in a detoxifying program. My eyes feel much better and look a ton better. Let me know if you would like a detailed list of what I am taking. Good Luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by sazy123 View Post
              That's what I would have guessed. On the other hand, most of us in this forum are not docs and nobody can diagnose a photo here.... just hopefully provide clues about more information to squeeze out of your doctor. Speaking of squeezing, has any doctor ever pressed on your MGs? If not, suggest you ask them to, and if they refuse or look like they don't know what you're talking about, time for a new doc.
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

I think your eyes look really good!

Comment

I know it is no consolation to you if I add to the praise; if your eyes are hurting then they are hurting. Those little lumps look like blocked glands

But your eyes look good - I wouldn't want to scare anyone with mine!

Comment

You haven't described your symptoms either.
                    Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

It looks pretty mild too, good for you.
                      Which is it? Is it what you know or who you know? Or is it how well you convey what you know to who you know it to?

-Tim

Comment

So I have to add, your lower eyelashes are incredible too! My caruncles vacillate from light pink to red also...

Comment

I wish my eyes looked like this.
                          Try pingueculla's in both eyes, combined with dark circles & noticeable veins on the eye lids.
                          Look after your eyes well & the will continue to look like this

Comment

Originally posted by Judy View Post
                            So I have to add, your lower eyelashes are incredible too! My caruncles vacillate from light pink to red also...
                            Really?? Your caruncles vacillate from pink to red??

Also pete! Think you might have some some seb derm/bleph around your eyes (as scale) but how so if you are doing lid scrubs?!
                            Which is it? Is it what you know or who you know? Or is it how well you convey what you know to who you know it to?

-Tim

Comment

My eyes look like this (very similar actually). But they feel awful- so i dont think the outside appearance of ones eyes is anything to go by.
                              I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Working...
                              X