Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures of my eyes - what is your assessment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The corner of your eye looks very irritated. Like an allergy to something?

Comment

I think you have beautiful eyes too. My lashes are about gone!

Comment

Unless you're having some other symptoms, I wouldn't worry about what you're describing. These small "zits" on your eyelids are quite common and unless they are causing some other symptom, I wouldn't worry about them.

As someone else said, you appear to have beautiful blue eyes. Ah, to be young!

If you're serious about getting tested for allergies, however, I'd go see an allergist. Although I live in California, I'm sure you have them in the UK as well.

Originally posted by dryeyepete View Post
        It's not the greatest camera in the world, so some details are a little blurry. The background on my situation is that I have had many doctors tell me many different and conflicting things - from blepharitis to nothing wrong whatsoever. My eyes haven't changed in apperance since I first noticed dry eye symptoms about 2 years ago, and eye drops provide no pain relief whatsoever.

In the first picture, notice the redness of the caruncle (is this what it is called, the red blob in the corner?). It is supposed to be a soft pink colour, although here we can see it is a dark red. It is this colour as soon as I wake up, and will change from pink to red throughout the day depending on what I am doing. If I have been watching TV for a hour, it will be red, but if I have had my eyes shut for about 30mins, it will usually revert back to pink.

How might you explain this, and from looking at the picture, how would you diagnose my condition?

In the second picture, I have circled one of these small lumps I often get on my eyelids. I have never popped one, although I have come into contact with them when doing lid-scrubs but they seem quite tough and would require force to burst.

Any theories as to what these lumps are and what I should be doing with them?

Thanks for reading

Comment

Do you think that a normal person (whitout dry eyes) can have this "zits" sometimes and it is not a sign of MGD?

Comment

Working...
          X