For ocular rosacea and bleph sufferers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi again!

I notice a 25% improvement in my eyes, they are more white and feel better!

I had an appointment with an normal eye doctor yesterday, and got this diagnosis:

Posterior blepharitis because of rosacea (ocular). I got fucithalmic eye drops..

How long time does it take before I notice a difference??

Thanx!

redandsensitive
    The cure: be open minded

Comment

That's such good news that you starting to feel better.

(25% might not be 100% but it depends on your starting point!!!)

You asked about Fucithalmic; I used it years ago and for me - the improvement was immediate.

Unfortunately, my eyes became sensitive to one / more ingredients so I cannot use it now.

The doctor advised to use it with caution and not to rely on it long term. I was refused a repeat prescription until a few months had gone by - but it certainly helped for a time.

Comment

I see! It's to bad you got allergic or something to it..

You said the improvement was immediate.
        Hmm, I have used it for 12 ours, but have not seen any improvement..

Maybe it takes a few days for me... ?

I hope others get a lot of relief from the Rosacea LTD III
        Ps! It stings a little the first minutes after application.

redandsensitive

Comment

Hi again

When I say that the improvement was immediate - I had to give it a good few hours but the relief did come fairly quickly. Again, it didn't mean I was completely symptom free but quality of life was significantly better.

I hope it works for you - and if the doctor tells you to use it sparingly, then please heed that advice. I don't know why my eyes started to react to Fucithalmic; this happened when I hadn't even used it for a long time. My eyes had become sensitive to many things and perhaps this was just one of them.

Was there a Patient Information Leaflet included with it? There should be something there about its extended use.

Comment

Originally posted by redandsensitive View Post
            Hi again!

I notice a 25% improvement in my eyes, they are more white and feel better!

I had an appointment with an normal eye doctor yesterday, and got this diagnosis:

Posterior blepharitis because of rosacea (ocular). I got fucithalmic eye drops..

How long time does it take before I notice a difference??

Thanx!

redandsensitive
            I just looked up these eyedrops on the internet, and it says they are for bacterial infections of the eyes. Did the doctor say you had bacteria due to the rosacea? What other symptoms do you have? I believe I have rosacea, although I haven't been officially diagnosed by a doctor. Doctors have told me that I have blepharitis.

Comment

Originally posted by calcan View Post
              I just looked up these eyedrops on the internet, and it says they are for bacterial infections of the eyes. Did the doctor say you had bacteria due to the rosacea? What other symptoms do you have? I believe I have rosacea, although I haven't been officially diagnosed by a doctor. Doctors have told me that I have blepharitis.
              Hi!

Ocular Rosacea ==>> Meibomian gland dysfunction
              ==>> Posterior blepharitis ==>> Dry eyes ==>> Red eyes.

I got medication for the posterior blepharitis, but the best thing would have been a miracle drug for ocular rosacea (that don't exist).

I have crust on my eyelids in the morning, red eyes, dry eyes, meibomian gland dysfunction, dark circles, did I say red eyes? ok, RED eyes (are better now) :P

The medication for the bacterial infections of the eyes work a little now, hope for more improvement soon

redandsensitive

Comment

Glad that you're getting some relief of your symptoms.

Comment

Working...
                X